Allroad rear brake disc's

Dave00130

Afternoon all, can any one help please? I'm replacing the rear disc's and pads on my A6 C6 Allroad and having a few issues getting the correct disc's? I am after the Genuine Audi part number which my local dealers are refusing to give? can anyone suggest a way of obtaining it? The disc's supplied so far are to deep in the hub and are bind on the calliper housing?

Many Thanks Dave  

Hello Dave, 

As frustrating as it is, I can understand the Audi dealers not wanting to give you part numbers where you don't have any intention of buying the parts from them. I can also understand that if you are buying ex-Internet (via. E Bay?) then you run a risk of getting the wrong parts, since the parts suppliers lists can, and often are wrong - even giving registration numbers is no guarantee of getting the right parts. Also brake parts in particular can vary within the same model and year, due to different O.E. suppliers, so it may come down to needing VIN details to be sure of getting the right parts. 

It seems you have bought and attempted to fit incorrect dimension discs, so at least you know of one variant which is wrong, and it should now be possible to take most of the critical dimensions of the originals, and this should be sufficient data for obtaining the correct one. 

Where there is a 'dispute' between supplier and the buyer, most suppliers will cop out by advising the buyer to obtain the manufacturer's part number - of course you are finding that is not so easy! 

What make discs have you bought Dave?

Many disc suppliers will have a UK based contact number, and if you make contact with their technical department, they will usually be able to point you to their correct part number if you give them the critical dimensions of the correct original part. Suppliers are seldom accommodating in that respect! 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Evening Gareth

Thank you for the reply, you are so right! I have gone to MTec who list only two set's of brake disc's for my Audi, one 302mm and the other a vented option.  

I have had lengthy talks with there Tech team who have been very great, We have finally found what we believe to be the correct Disc's, but was hoping to get the original part number to confirm it.