Please help EMERGENCY!!! Light problems,

Hi All

I really could do with some emergency help here, on Saturday my missus and myself went away for a weekend, I drove about an hour or so with no problems everything working fine, then all of a sudden I got headlight dipped beam drivers side (right side) fault come on dash, then quickly followed by rear left brake light , then rear left reverses light, then both indicators but rear driver side works but drivers side front doesnt, passenger side does not work front or back, mirror indicators still work , and right fog light not working, so I am totally confused dot com by this, I have checked all fuses all ok, all bulbs are ok, being a convertible, i was told about the wiring loom in the boot, that has all been changed out now so no broken wires there, absolutely any ideas for this would be great, something is better than nothing,  PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello Stephen, 

Apologies, but I’m a little confused by the timing of events with this. Can we take it that there was some previous history of problems, which resulted in you having the wiring loom in the boot ‘replaced’? If so, what were the previous symptoms? 

‘.....been changed...so no broken wires there’.

Apologies Stephen, but this is simply an assumption, and this will only be proved when it has been thoroughly re-inspected - perhaps it has?? 

If this were mine, my next move would be to return it to the person who replaced the part harness, or if you no longer have sufficient faith in this person, then book an hour at a trusted local auto electrician. 

Sorry if this doesn’t seem very helpful, but I think the reality of such things is that it would be extremely difficult to diagnose the cause of these issues without working on the actual car.

Kind regards,

Gareth.