Which A6?

henley

Hey everyone, I'm looking for an A6 for around £15k and have done some research but am wondering what engines and spec levels to avoid or go for? From my research, I think the Black version is probably what I'm looking for and for the money I'm guessing a 2014 version? I see sometimes it's listed as Ultra Black, is this another level on top of black or just how some people list it?

I've read that the Multitronic gear shift can have issues and also the sunroof can leak if it has one but I'm hoping someone with a lot more knowledge can set me on the right track; as at the moment, I'm a bit overwhelmed with what engines and spec levels are out there. I've heard there's a BOSE version too but I'm not sure what package/years that comes in (maybe the Ultra black)?

Thanks for any insight, looking forward to getting one when I know what I'm looking for 😄

S-Line and Black are Trim Levels 

Ultra is the Engine version of the 2.0 TDi - Lower emissions than standard 2.0 TDi

Not a lot of difference in performance.

S-Line has the lower stiffer performance and the "Black" is the trim aspect.

I have the S-Tronic box and MMI advanced with larger Screen and display between clocks. 

S-Tronic gearbox service cost every 40K miles will up the running costs but the gearbox is sublime and no dual mass flywheel (DMF) to fret about. 

Some say the S-Line is a hard ride but mine on 18" wheels is as smooth as you like. 

Heart over head moment - if you can reach the price of the 3 litre then go for it - running costs similar to 2 litre models but the engine is silky and pulls like a train (especially the high output one) 

Find one that has been loved and cared for with FSH 

That's great, thanks Envy. I saw this one ( https://www.carshop.co.uk/used-car/AUDI/A6/WR14LDN ) the other day and liked it but seems quite a high price and while it says it has the technology pack when I went to look at it - it didn't have Google maps, the HUD or the advanced cruise control bits (auto speed up/down etc) so I think that's a mistake.

I feel that if I keep looking around long enough I may be able to get a 3.0 ultra black with the technology pack for around £16k.

I'll check out the 3.0 versions, cheers - hopefully, I'll find the right spec at the right price soon. 🙂

Any testing I should be doing that's specific to these cars? We have an A3 with the 2.0 TFSi engine and it drinks oil so that would be something I'd check if I were buying a car with that engine but wondered if these had any things to look out for in particular? I've heard the sunroof can leak and rear light clusters can get water in them but other than that, I've not read too many bad things that are common.

Looked at the car and must say it has a lot of option boxes ticked including the Bose and advanced MMI 

Worth a test drive of a few to get an idea of the drive but I know you will not be dissapointed.

I will emphasise the FSH though-  

On 4/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, Envy said:

Looked at the car and must say it has a lot of option boxes ticked including the Bose and advanced MMI 

Worth a test drive of a few to get an idea of the drive but I know you will not be dissapointed.

I will emphasise the FSH though-  

Yeah, it's not a bad car I don't think - probably about right for the money but lacks some extras I'd like. I take it this one doesn't have the 3D Google maps etc? How can I tell which ones have the upgraded screen on the dash?

If it has the Tech Pack it will have the Google Maps installed- you just need a SIM card to put in the MMI console. These MMI units will also have the enhanced driver display. Have to say the SAT NAV view between the clocks is a great feature.