Audi A6 3.0 Bitid Air Filter

jackh894
聽Share

Hi people聽

First post so be kind 馃檪聽just picked up a beautiful A6 BiTDI and i love it! i am getting it mapped on Friday and wanted to try and improve the airflow first, any suggestions? i have read mixed reviews about the stock vs performance filters? also there is the option of removing the airbox completely and having an induction kit, but i cant seem to find any that fit the BiTDI (313)聽

cheers聽

Jack聽

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted a k&n (as this will be less restrictive than a standard filter) to mine and also retro fitted the sock that comes with the standard filter(the sock washes out with detergent). I would also keep the standard airbox as this in my opinion is better than an induction kit as it keeps the hot engine air completely away from the intake.聽

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sure, The part number of the K&N air filter is: E-1983 (audi S6 or A6 3.0tfsi) Takes 10聽mins to fit

also if you wanted to upgrade the airbox

The airbox is from a RS6 (part number 4G0 133 836 AF). Takes 15 mins to fit

out of interest what are you getting mpg wise out of yours? Motorway and town? And is it mapped?

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Thanks for the parts numbers.

Getting it tuned on Monday 24/06 By Evo tuning, Westbridgeford Nottingham. DPF removal as well. Fuel wise. Not really sur as I've only had the car for a couple of weeks. I would say 35 ish combind 40-45 on motorway. I like to drive pushing the speed limits when possible lol

No probs! Let me know how you get on with bhp/torque and mpg, be interesting to know Iv just had mine done and got just shy of 400bhp and 840nm torque, massive difference! I would highly recommend a Wagner intercooler as mine ran very hot stock with stage 1 map 馃憤

Evo quoted聽 around 373聽bhp and 95Nm torque increase stage one with DPF delete and EGR off I'm looking for better fuel consumption. I'm not sure about the RS airbox and Wagner intercooler. Got to get brakes uprated first. I've started another thread wanting brake discs and pads, could you help at all please.

Edited by T-Cut

Yeah that sounds good for stage 1! Yeah I just got my brakes upgraded, got mtech drilled and grooved disks, the only other option I could see was rs6 disk and calliper conversion, it was thousands, so unless you have money I鈥檇 say go drilled and grooved disk upgrade same size as stock.

I've been looking at the Mtech discs what pads did you use. I was going for the red stuff but now looking at the mintex pads. My mechcanic friend swears by them

On 6/10/2019 at 7:51 PM, jackh894 said:

Hey, yeah I went for the KnN in the end! I sacked of the idea of an induction kit and went for the rs6 airbox! Much better聽

Hi Jack, Any chance of a picture of the airbox please. I'd love to see your setup please

Hey, I went Mintex pads, if you go on eBay there is a full set with Mintex pads included.

and sure I can take some photos when I get back, in Spain at the min so a bit difficult haha, to be honest I found a few forums with people that had done it, plenty of photos, it was literally a straight swap the airbox fits exactly the same but you use the single induction pipe from the bitdi and throw away the rs6 twin pipe.聽

Hi Jack,

Got the car done. 375 bhp and 750nm torque. Its really smooth better than when I had the D4 A8 done

Gone up to 406 BHP Very quick lol

Edited by T-Cut

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, jackh894 said:

Hey sure, The part number of the K&N air filter is: E-1983 (audi S6 or A6 3.0tfsi) Takes 10聽mins to fit

also if you wanted to upgrade the airbox

The airbox is from a RS6 (part number 4G0 133 836 AF). Takes 15 mins to fit

Hi,

I have 3.0 BiTDI聽CVUA year 2017.

Willing to upgrade intake. Airbox should be the same:聽4G0 133 836 AF

How about filter. Why聽E-1983 (S6) and not聽 E-0664 (RS6) ?

Thanks for reply.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, Bezan said:

Hi,

I have 3.0 BiTDI聽CVUA year 2017.

Willing to upgrade intake. Airbox should be the same:聽4G0 133 836 AF

How about filter. Why聽E-1983 (S6) and not聽 E-0664 (RS6) ?

Thanks for reply.

Apart from there being 2 intake pipes and mine only being 1 It's the same as mine stock air box. Anyone have the same

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/air-box-assembly/4g0133836af/