Low Voltage

Richard Bayle

Hello Richard,

I suppose the first obvious thing to check would be the battery efficiency, followed by the charging rate if the battery proves serviceable. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

OK,  short answer = yep! 

Next question:- what parameters of the battery were checked? Included cold cranking current values?? 

It’s still - kind regards to you in Guadeloupe from Gareth in Wales. 

Cold Cranking??  It never gets below 24 C here 😂  garage hardly dips below 28.

I know what you mean and yes, the Audi dealer here has done all the checks and is as confused as I am.  They have asked Audi and are waiting a response but think it's an electrical blip.

Hope the weather no too wet for you in Wales, I hear hurricane Lorenzo is giving you a last gasp kick

Hello Richard,

Checking the Cold Cranking Current (CCA) efficiency is a way of assessing the efficiency of the battery under load, and many vehicles are now fitted with a battery monitoring module which continuously monitors its efficiency and it has set parameters which must be satisfied otherwise warnings are given, even though the battery may now show any symptoms. It could be said, yours is too old to be fitted with one. 

I could narrate a very recent example of this type of ‘failure’ on a so called prestige vehicle, but it may bore. 

If it were mine I would be looking to substitute the battery for another, after I had checked all battery linked cables and associated main earths. 

Kind regards, 

Gareth.