A6 avant 3.0 TDi/BiTDi advice please.

Harvy

Hi,

I am looking to buy an Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI or BiTDi between 2013 and 2016. I’m just after some information about the main difference between the trim levels. I’m pretty certain that I would like a Quattro, I’m also impressed with the Black Edition but would like to know what the main differences between the Black Edition and the S-Line are and weather the BiTDi has many more issues than the TDi. I would love the extra power but am willing to avoid if there are lots of horror stories. 

Having never owned a German car before I’m hoping for some good reliability and would appreciate any advice on what to look for when buying and even a good place to buy from. I’ve been trying to find an Audi specific website that has most of the second hand cars available on. 

Thanks in advance, 

• 1 month later...

Hi Harvy,

i used to own a a6 saloon TDI 245 sline and it was very nice indeed but a black edition would have been better for me on two points : privacy glass and Bose sound system - bling bling but hey, they just look cooler and sound better (inside) 

as for the engine, I never felt like I needed more... in the real world...

having said that I now have a tdi 272 and yeah, it’s better... as for the bitdi, it must be quite something

i’ve owned various VAG car over the years , petrol, diesel, 4,5,6 cyl, turbo, non turbo: engines were NEVER a problem...

good luck