Sign in to follow this  
Dave1703

Amazon Alexa connection to Audi MMI.

Hi,   I have just collected my Audi A6 Avant 40Tdi quattro last week.   Loving it so far and finding my way around the MMI gradually.  I have tried to connect to my Amazon Alexa account but so far haven’t had any success......  anyone else having trouble with this?    Any tips on getting it to work would be appreciated. 

2A1975F3-CC88-442C-B853-361AECADB0A3.jpeg

Hi, yes also having problems. Spoke to both Audi digital support (tel no. In the my audi app) who couldnt sort it...then spoke to Amazon....they said there are technical problems with the car integration systems and are working to fix them.... how much of that was true I dont know. All I can see is that in 'my devices' on my Alexa App on my phone, it shows my eco dot is 'online' but my Audi Alexa Integration is 'offline' despite following the correct procedure to link the MMI and Alexa. This seems to be the issue. All my other online services work, albeit subject to phone signal incl, amazon music. Not sure if there will be some kind of software update, will speak to dealership tomorrow. 

I'm having issues too. I can get Alexa connected and it provides weather info and answers questions but it will not play my prime music through it. 

I think it may have something to do with the fact that only certain services are available via the free data connection and for anything else you need to purchase a data plan. I have seen something in the manual which seems to indicate that you can use your mobile device for the data connection but it is very vague. 

I have an Android and an apple device so I am going to try with each device to see if I can get it working.