Miles to kilometeres

Comanding

Can someone please help, I have recently bought my first Audi it’s a 2007 A6 saloon 2.0 diesel I bought it in the UK but I live in France and I have to change the display from miles to kilometres by law, however try as I may I can not see how to do this. The car has MMI interface but if I’m honest it’s double Dutch to me, I previously had a Mercedes and it was as simple as ABC but this Audi a completely different kettle of fish I find the owner manual complex and confusing and I’m now wondering if it’s possible at all.

I hope so because if not I will be forced to sell the car as it can’t be re registered here in France without displaying Kilometeres

if any one can help it would be very much appreciated I like the car but don’t want to have to sell it for such a silly detail, many thanks 

Hello Colin,

In the absence of any other replies, can I confirm that the car is fitted with a conventional (circular) speedometer rather than a simple digital reading? 

If it’s a conventional speedo, then what would be wrong with superimposing a conversion scale to Km/hr, so the needle point will indicate the km/hr as well? 

Having said that, I would be surprised if the display cannot be altered. Tried a VAG main dealer? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

So you have the conventional speedo and rev counter in the dash? Do you have a digital readout in between them that you can scroll through?

Changing the Clocks will be a royal PITA but do the French accept the centre readout being km? If your car supports it (2007 is a fine vintage) can you change the readout units to metric? 

You will get L/km and kmh if the feature supports it but I would doubt that this will satisfy EU vehicle standards. 

My other suggestion is to do the old motorcycle import trick (if it exists as mph to kmh) and get a speedo overlay http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/kmh-to-mph-dials/model/audi-a6

Good luck 

• Like 1