Audi A1 1.6 TDI DPF Press. Sensor error code?

seanaldo1987

Hi folks,

Have had my A1 1.6 TDI Sport now for a few weeks now and over the last few days i've been having a few issues.

Noticed over the last week that fuel economy has dropped by at least 8-10mpg and only showing an indicated 43.3mpg which is very low for this engine. Driving style hasn't changed and its the same journey i do to work on a daily basis so alarm bells were ringing.

Then on Thursday while driving home from work the glow plug light came on and started flashing. This was accompanied with the following message "Engine Control Unit - System Fault: Contact workshop"

When i got home i left the car for a couple hours and went back out to it to see if the issue was still there and the glow plug light didn't come back on and there was no message.

Fast forward to today and whilst driving to work this morning the glow plug light started flashing again. This was accompanied with the same fault message on the dash. Then the dreaded EML came on. But the car still ran and wasn't losing power that i could see. Got to work and one of the lads lent me his bluetooth fault code reader. Its pretty basic but would at least let me read what fault code was stored on the ECU. The code that came up was p2455. When i googled the fault code this is what was found:

P2455 Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit High

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p2455
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

When i did a bit of further googling i found this relating to issues someone else was having with their A1:

A faulty DPF pressure sensor will prevent the car from doing regens on its own. This is a major problem as it will kill your DPF
Symptoms are high idling speed, engine cooling fan running at high speed when the car isn't hot, excessive fuel consumption etc. 
This is a problem across the entire VAG range. Part shouldn't be too expensive, but it needs 'Adapation' VIA VCDS (VAG software on dealer laptop) - just swapping the part without 'adapting' it is a complete waste of time

So my next question is..... Can you do the DPF Press. Sensor adaptation with the free version of VCDS or can you only do it with the full version?

Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

Sean

• 3 years later...

Welcome Merlin,

Regrettably Sean hasn’t returned to the forum since the day he posted - nearly 4 years ago. 
Your best bet would be to send him a PM, in the hope he is still using the same e-mail address that he registered at that time.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 weeks later...