Filling up Petrol issues

Nathaneous
聽Share

Hi guys recently picked up the S6 and I'm having a nightmare putting petrol in the car without it clicking every second when I'm squeezing the pump as if the tank is full! I've tried multiple petrol stations so I know it's got to be the car. Also the nozzle on the pump doesn't go all the way in so not sure whether this is normal either? I've never owned an S6 before so not sure whether this is normal experience when putting petrol in but really embarrassing spending 10mins at a pump to put in 拢10 in the tank 馃槄...

Hello Nathan,

Couple of points here:-聽

Nozzle not going all the way in- can be aggravated by distorted (belled out) nozzles on the fuel station pump. One of our supermarkets just didn鈥檛 seem to want to renew them even though most cars now have close tolerances at the nozzle entry point to prevent mis - fuelling. Guess this doesn鈥檛 apply in your case since you mention you have tried multiple stations.聽

Other possibility:- kinked breather hose to the filler neck.聽

Tried rotating the position of the trigger on the pump i.e. say 6, 9, 12 , 3 o鈥檆?聽

Kind regards,

Gareth.聽

Hi Gareth tried rotating it to every hour of the clock but still no luck. I would be surprised if it's linked breather hose to the filler neck seems the car is nearly new. I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow because I'm out of ideas

Apologies Nathan,

Hadn鈥檛 noticed the car is virtually new, but I would not automatically guarantee the breather isn鈥檛 kinked?聽

As I see it Nathan, you simply do not have to concern yourself with the reasons why聽- just request they put it right.聽

Kind regards,

Gareth.聽