8L speaker issues

Tony8096

Help

My lower door speakers are all wired up correctly but wont work

I've replaced head unit and music is only coming from both tweeters nothing from the foot well ones 

2 hours ago, Tony8096 said:

Help

My lower door speakers are all wired up correctly but wont work

I've replaced head unit and music is only coming from both tweeters nothing from the foot well ones 

Welcome to the forum Tony, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Seeing you're location you're only 11 miles from me! 

I'm going to guess you've tried adjusting the balance and fader settings. It could be an issue with the amp a good way to test is:

"Interchanging the lines to the amp (input to the amp, the rear to the front & the front to the rear, you will know whether the am is fine or the lines from the source (radio, cd player etc) is the problem."

The amp is in the boot in the right hand side compartment. 

If the amp is working as it should you could change the speakers over to see if one of the speakers is faulty. 

Failing that then I suspect something isn't wired up correctly to the headunit. 

Also worth think about: 

have you used an adaptor lead between the HU and the wiring harness? On the 8L the rear speakers and sub are powered by an amp that's either behind the passenger side rear panel or in the boot with the sub. I'd also check that the polarity of the wires to the front speakers, if they are round the wrong way you will send the wrong frequencies to the speakers.

I appreciate that's to do with the rear speakers but similar principles will apply to the front.   

Hope I've helped 🙂

Amp location: 

16872-fe7dad268227d0803559d6228f9e283f.jpg

Cheers

Steve