Looking for a specific A6 - LF07 EJK - lemans in Daytona

MrBroons

I’m interested and in finding this car if it still exists. Think it’s on intergalactic miles. Be happy to be in touch with the current owner as I have found a spare wheel for it. 

As you probably know, the car is currently MOT’d and taxed and had covered a bit over 150K miles by July last year. 

It’s probably me being over cautious, but ‘...want to in touch with the current owner .... have spare wheel for it...’ sounds a rather ‘incomplete reason’ to me. 

Personally, I would be wary of any disclosures regarding its whereabouts based on the information given by the middle-of-the-night first time poster. 

Apologies if this offends. 

• 3 years later...

No offence taken Magnet. I totally see where you are coming from. I am the original owner of the car. I specified it from new and I’d love to see how it was getting on all these years later. It was my first new car. 

i can see how it might appear dodgy however. If interested check out my posts and contributions to the Audi A2 forums (A2OC) and also my YouTube channel both under my user name above. 

MrB. 

That’s fine Jim, although 4 years to respond!
No offence taken, infact I’m still trying to locate my late father’s car, which appears to have been SORN for a decade, so know full well the difficulties. Having said that, worth trying to come up with a better excuse, which is far too transparent! 
I take it you haven’t had any luck from any source yet. 
Not tried this, but if you are on good terms with your local MOT station, try taking an MOT printout along, and see if they can tap into the last MOT location - I know you can’t, without the V5 reference number, but they might be able to. 
Another avenue :- if you know the area into which you sold the car, then you could try to see if the local press would run a short article on this ‘Rare car’. Longshot- but might be worth a try. 
Let us know if you have any success, but don’t leave it for 4 years - stretching it a bit for me! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Getting back on topic. Be good to hear from the owner and if they want the wheel I’m happy to send it to them at their cost or they can pickup or whatever they decide is best. I’ll be sure and let you know how it goes. Thanks. 🙏 

Hello again Jim,

Saying it as it appears to me - Im getting a little twitchy about your posts -  4 year gap in responding ‘….’Getting back to topic…..’, ignoring sound and progressive advice with regard to your initial enquiry (and of course that is your prerogative), but more importantly your emphasis on promoting your You Tube Channels. 
I can’t see me needing to respond further to the initial reason for your contact, and I’ll leave it to Admin to decide the way forward if necessary.

Kind regards,

Gareth.