Audi A3 8PA 2.0 TDI S Line 2010 Front shock absorber diameter???

CJ HUSS

Hello CJ,

By diameter, I take it you are talking the diameter of the main shaft that links into the bottom suspension system? 

If so, why not just take the wheel off and measure it, or indeed just jack it up a bit and measure without taking the wheel off? 

Are you proposing to fit some aftermarket shock absorbers and the (on-line?) retailer lists two? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Ok will try this tomorrow thanks. And have been told my shock absorber has a damaged piston which is resulting in a loud thud over bumps had it diagnosed by Halfords. All other components seem tight on the suspension so must be the shocker. But looking for shockers on ECP even the guy on the phone asked me for the diameter, i need the strut diameter apparently because they come in 50mm or 55m, so confusing.

Hello CJ,

Just wondering why you are restricting you search to ECP. There are many more on line factors who can usually supply at more competitive prices irrespective of ECP’s apparent discounts off ‘original’ prices. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Because its just 10 minutes away from me so can collect parts, dont have to mess about with waiting for delivery or having to send stuff back if its wrong part/faulty & my dads friend who owns a garage orders them for me at discounted price which i believe is 30% off. But just out of curiosity which online shop would you recommend any in particular?

Thanks CJ

Hello CJ,

OK, but couriers now leave signed-for packages at you door if you are not in. 

I don’t automatically go ECP’s x% off and assume it’s a good deal - it often isn’t. 

Re. other on line motor factors:- eBay is awash with them - all competing with each other on competitive prices. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Its just easier for me to get the stuff from ECP at garage price not normal consumer price. And just an update from initial post i found my diameter was 54.6mm so i will be ordering the 55m shock absorber. Thanks for your help Gareth top man 👍🏽