A3 3.2 will TDi fan pack fit?

MagiK

Hi guys and girls.

I am new to the whole idea of forums and I would like to think I've got a lot of knowledge to share from my 30 odd years of experience so I look forward to seeing if I can help. And now for my ask...I have just recently got the dreaded radiator fans constantly running scenario, even with vehicle switched off, which has resulted in me having to pull the fuse while the car is parked up.

Whilst having a look around for a replacement fan pack I noticed that one from a 2.0 TDi is not only physically the same to look at but is same as 3.2 V6 on Eurocarparts. I didn't want to throw £250 at it right now for fans as other A3 drivers have suggested it could be an ECU issue so I was going to buy a set of cheap working 2nd hand TDi fans for £30 to £40 in order to confirm that it is or isn't the fans at fault. So, does anyone know if there's any reason they can't work. They will definitely fit as they are physically the exact same but will they work? Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give