Warning light on when turned off

SamBenno

Hi,

Recently didn't drive my car (2010 1.6 petrol A3) for 2 weeks (self isolation!) and after turning it back on there were a few creaks, I think from slightly stuck brakes, but then everything seemed fine.

However, I have noticed my power steering warning light is now visible, however it doesn't seem properly lit up. It is only slightly yellow, and doesn't turn off even when the car is turned off and all electronics have switched off, so I'm not even sure if the light is on.

Any advice on if something could just be wrong with the dash, or I should get it checked out? The power steering definitely hasn't fully failed as still drives fine.

Thanks,

Sam

Hello Sam,

I’m not claiming this is definitely the issue here, but inefficient batteries can result in spurious warning lights - particularly when the car is not in constant use. 

If it were mine, I would take it for a run of at least 20 miles in daylight to charge the battery up, and then get the battery efficiency checked, if only to eliminate this as a cause. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 years later...

Hello Carlos,

The original poster hasn’t returned to the forum for over two years. 
If you don’t get any response from him within the next couple of days, could you please compile your own post with all the relevant detail. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Carlos, Sam,

I have the same issue with my A3. It started 2-3 weeks ago.  

I went to the garage (not Audi's one), "our" mechanic guy checked with his computer but didn't see anything really... he just resetted some  settings.

The light was then (fully) off but it came back after a day...

Did you solve the issue on your cars? And if so, how it was solved?

Thanks! 

Dominique

• 2 weeks later...

LED bleed through causes this and is a common fault . You can get the instrument cluster repaired but if it doesn’t bother you leave it .