Calling all Audi A4 Avant owners with kids

Familyguy81

I’m considering buying a used Audi A4 Avant (B9), but have some concerns over its practicality. The car will be be used for around town driving, weekend getaways and family holidays (hopefully!). I’ve got a 3yr and 5yr old, so although buggies are on the way out they’ll be replaced by other kids ‘stuff’. Are there any owners who can give their experience on life with the A4 Avant? My concerns are mainly about boot capacity and space for growing rear passengers.

A4 is a good car with plenty of room for most - how well do you pack for going away is the question? I have an A6 Avant, kids are well out of pushchairs and I will put a roof box on for practicality at times putting light stuff up top. 

The A6 boot will swallow 4 big cases +4 hand luggage  - some come with retractable load net that extends from seat back to roof lining stopping loose items coming into the passenger space and legroom is more than enough so my advice (if the budget will stretch) is go for the bigger A6 - As much car as you will ever need.