problem whit gear change.

Pete Smith

Hello Pete,

Thanks for being in touch, but you really will need to give us rather more of a description than you have. 

Can’t help noticing you have a strange description of the this car and it’s year! 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Pete,

It’s probably me, but I’m still not sure of the exact nature of your issue from the description you give us. 

Is the gear lever notchy? If it is, can the lever be moved through the gears smoothly with the engine switched off and the clutch depressed?

Are you talking about the lack of smooth acceleration between the gears? Is there any clutch judder, or does the clutch feel any different to what it used to be like? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Pete,

Sorry to keep asking questions, but does the change seem notchy when you you move the lever (with clutch depressed ) with engine off - between changes? 

This would be useful to point towards a worn/ needing adjustment selector rod mechanism, or an actual clutch issue. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Pete,

I would suggest you first need to/get somebody carefully inspect the linkage mechanisms, looking for wear or points which would benefit from some cleaning and lubricating.

Kind regards,

Gareth.