Tyres wearing excessively quickly

Bradrz

Hi, I got an Audi A4 S-Line 2020 on lease at the end of October 2020. It's now the 29th of December. The car has 5,700 miles on it, 4,500 of them being motorway miles and the front tyres are basically ready for replacing give it another 500 miles!?

(The wear is evenly spread)

I've had cars including a 2017 model a4 avant SE and the tyres on the front last at minimum 17,500 miles to 30,000.

Any help/information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hello Bradley,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum, and for sharing your experience with your tyres. 

I too would certainly consider your tyre wear rate to be (grossly) excessive, particularly since most of your mileage has been on  motorways. Couple this with previous experience of getting a normally acceptable 17.5k, and it must be concluded that there is something ‘different’ about these tyres - as opposed to your driving style. 

Wonder if you would like to share what make they are Bradley. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 1 year later...

Hi have also noticed this on my tyres.  But the wear is nearer the outside wall.  Mine only down 10000 and never seen wear like this on the back.  Mine also is an A4 sline with potenza’s.