Audi A4 2.0 Diesel TDI (2013)

Bob Miah

I recently acquired  a rear damage A4 (saloon) (2013 model). Unfortunately cant get the car to start easily, i can by jumping it but the battery does not seem to keep charge.

I have had the rear damage sorted.

Any idea what it could be?

Hello Bob,

It seems you have posted two posts quoting similar, but not quite the same symptoms, but both appear to point to battery issues. 

Have you had the battery tested Bob?

This would seem to be the obvious place to start. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

thanks Gareth,

I had my mechanic switch batteries with a spare one and he thought it was not the battery. Another mechanic thought it may be a case of needing to change the alternator.

Struggling to decide if i should change alternator and battery, both, and see if that does the trick.

Hello Bob, 

This may not sound too polite, but you really need to ditch your two mechanics, and substitute them for an hour’s time with one trusted local autoelectrician. 

I would certainly not be changing anything until both battery and alternator are tested - both simple tests. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

16 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Bob, 

This may not sound too polite, but you really need to ditch your two mechanics, and substitute them for an hour’s time with one trusted local autoelectrician. 

I would certainly not be changing anything until both battery and alternator are tested - both simple tests. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Much appreciated Gareth, sensible and sound advice. I will try an auto-electrician and hopefully achieve a resolution. If anyone has any recommendations for any auto electrician in Sheffield would appreciate otherwise will try google.