Main Dealer Servicing

Clint Thrust

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum and I have a question. My 2019 A4 lease agreement states the following:

9.4.1 make sure that the Vehicle is serviced and maintained
strictly in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations
and that scheduled servicing and necessary maintenance
is carried out only by authorised Audi dealers

Does this mean I have to use a main dealer who is quoting nearly £450 for the first service) or can I take it to an independent service centre.

TIA

If it is on the Lease agreement that you have signed then if you do not maintain a Main Dealer service history then you are in breach of it. 

Lease companies have many constraints and penalties written into agreements to preserve the resale value of the car when the term of the agreement comes to an end and the car is returned. I woiuld have a conversation with a few Audi Service departments of different franchises and also find out what actually needs to be done as the bare minimum. If you are on your 1st service after 2 years you are on the extended service interval and that is pricy. Think of it as 62p / day and its not so bad and also get your fill of free coffee and pastry while you are in the Dealership. 

1 hour ago, Envy said:

If it is on the Lease agreement that you have signed then if you do not maintain a Main Dealer service history then you are in breach of it. 

Lease companies have many constraints and penalties written into agreements to preserve the resale value of the car when the term of the agreement comes to an end and the car is returned. I woiuld have a conversation with a few Audi Service departments of different franchises and also find out what actually needs to be done as the bare minimum. If you are on your 1st service after 2 years you are on the extended service interval and that is pricy. Think of it as 62p / day and its not so bad and also get your fill of free coffee and pastry while you are in the Dealership. 

Thanks for that a great help.

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for being in touch. 

As I see it Tom has answered your question better than I would have.

The leasing company are the owners, and you have agreed to their terms, so you must comply with them. 

‘Strictly in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.........only by authorised Audi dealers’ is unambiguous, and if this were mine, I would be sticking with the supplying dealer to service the car, since there cannot be any debate about the correct level of service it should (in their - the supplying dealer’s judgement) have. 

We take it this car is on a PCP? If so, hand back condition can be a cause of debate, so any deviation from contract is likely to cost you at that time. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for being in touch. 

As I see it Tom has answered your question better than I would have.

The leasing company are the owners, and you have agreed to their terms, so you must comply with them. 

‘Strictly in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.........only by authorised Audi dealers’ is unambiguous, and if this were mine, I would be sticking with the supplying dealer to service the car, since there cannot be any debate about the correct level of service it should (in their - the supplying dealer’s judgement) have. 

We take it this car is on a PCP? If so, hand back condition can be a cause of debate, so any deviation from contract is likely to cost you at that time. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

OK thanks.