P1269 and P1270

Zack

Good morning, I was looking for some advice please. A couple of weeks ago I had the injector seals replaced on my 2007 Audi A3 sport back 2.0 tdi. All was well with the car when I picked it up from the garage but the next day at work the car was struggling to start. I took the car back to the garage and the mechanic plugged it in and got the fault codes P1269 and P1270 which relates to cylinder 4 I believe. I’ve had a quick look online and seen it could be the injector harness. Can anyone shed any further light on this for me please? It would be greatly appreciated as the car was given to me by my brother who passed away last year. 

Zack.

While I generally have little faith in error codes, it is plausible in this case that the injector harness was damaged during the repair or has not been properly reconnected. Why has the mechanic who did the work not rectified the fault?

The car has been starting intermittently and I’ve needed it for work. The mechanic has advised me that an injector harness will be needed and given me a price of £150 for a new one from VW. Should I get him to check it’s reconnected properly before buying the harness? 

I would be surprised if he has not checked the connection already, but I suppose it is worth asking. If you trust him and he says you need a new harness I don't think you have any choice but to get one, but it is a hell of a coincidence that the problem with the harness started the day after the injectors were worked on.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2021. 01. 23-án 9:15-kor Zack ezt mondta:

Jó reggelt, tanácsot szeretnék kérni. Pár hete cserélték a befecskendező tömítéseket a 2007-es Audi A3 sport back 2.0 tdi-n. Minden rendben volt az autóval, amikor felvettem a garázsból, de másnap a munkahelyen az autó nehezen indul. Visszavittem az autót a garázsba, és a szerelő bedugta, és megkapta a P1269 és P1270 hibakódot, ami szerintem a 4-es hengerre vonatkozik. Gyorsan megnéztem a neten, és láttam, hogy az injektor kábelkötege lehet. Valaki tudna nekem bővebb felvilágosítást adni erről? Nagyon hálás lenne, mert az autót a bátyám adta nekem, aki tavaly hunyt el. 

On 1/23/2021 at 9:15 AM, Zack said:

Good morning, I was looking for some advice please. A couple of weeks ago I had the injector seals replaced on my 2007 Audi A3 sport back 2.0 tdi. All was well with the car when I picked it up from the garage but the next day at work the car was struggling to start. I took the car back to the garage and the mechanic plugged it in and got the fault codes P1269 and P1270 which relates to cylinder 4 I believe. I’ve had a quick look online and seen it could be the injector harness. Can anyone shed any further light on this for me please? It would be greatly appreciated as the car was given to me by my brother who passed away last year. 

Hello. did you manage to find the cause of error p1269?