Front Parking Sensor

Stirton

Hi guys,

I have a 2016 new design A5 coupe, i got my front brake pads and discs replaced few weeks ago and ever since then my front left parking sensor seems to be awfully sensitive, it literally goes off at every single junction i pull up to even though there is nothing in the immediate vacinity that i could hit.  My right hand side is fine.

I went back to the car garage who changes my brakes who basically said nothing to do with us, go away.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this and any easy fixes?  Can you recalibrate / reset sensitivity etc?

Thanks

Hello Ben, 

It isn’t impossible that the fitter who worked on your brakes may have disturbed something, but it’s unlikely, and judging by the garage’s reaction, you aren’t going to get very far down that line. 

Parking sensors can be problematic, and even be affected by dirt etc. It might be possible to tape over each one in turn until you identify the offender - never tried this method, by it may work. If not, then you would probably be down to investing in some diagnostics. Short of all of that, would incur removing the bumper and checking each one in turn.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Ben, 

It isn’t impossible that the fitter who worked on your brakes may have disturbed something, but it’s unlikely, and judging by the garage’s reaction, you aren’t going to get very far down that line. 

Parking sensors can be problematic, and even be affected by dirt etc. It might be possible to tape over each one in turn until you identify the offender - never tried this method, by it may work. If not, then you would probably be down to investing in some diagnostics. Short of all of that, would incur removing the bumper and checking each one in turn.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Hi,  I watched a heap of youtube videos and someone recommended squirting WD40 on the sensor as water might be trapped, I did this and so far it seems to have done the trick!  

• Like 1