Audi A3 1.6 BSE Intake Air Temperature Sensor

Y23MJJ

Hi i have a 2008 Audi A3 1.6 Petrol BSE Engine and i have the engine management light on, code reader gives code P0113 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Ciruit High...

i purchased a IAT listed on eurocarparts for the car and when going to fit i couldn’t find it anywhere on the intake all i can find is a MAP sensor at the top.

Phoned TPS they said there was not one listed for this engine so i returned the part and now I’m at a loose end with it.

Has anyone got a idea what this could be related too, could i need a new MAP sensor? I did remove this and have a look but it looks brand new (Bosh)

i also have some white smoke coming from the exhaust and it idles rough sometimes. But mostly idles fine

any help would be much appreciated 

thanks,

Michael

Hello Michael,

I had exactly the same issue with a family 2015 A4 diesel. Ok. the fault code showed that’s what was at fault, but it didn’t have one either! 

I would need to investigate what the fault actually was after. Plugging in code readers can lead owners up expensive dead end roads.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Did you get to the bottom of your issue in the end?

i have a Delphi diagnostic tablet and when i read the values when engine is running it doesn’t show anything for the O2 sensor, maybe this could be what is giving me this code.

i am just starting out trying to learn the mechanical side of things after many years doing car bodywork so i am clueless at the moment 😂

thanks

Michael

Thanks Michael,

The code on this family member’s A4 was read using a Snap On reader, so no cheap kit! 

When I couldn’t find any such component, the person who diagnosed it had it back, and as I understand it, it came back fixed. 

I think I may be able to find out what the offender was in the end, but it could take a few days of enquiring. 

Can you leave that with me and I will post the outcome on this thread? 

Incase it helps, I understand the EML was on with this car for a couple of months before it was fixed - with no ill effects.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

p.s. I could do with your bodywork skills down here to sort a small ding on an 18k miles, 30 year old Metro. Completed the repair with aerosols, but crazed after a few months. Similar using same paint source with a small area on the A3. Never had any such issue with same technique in well over 50 years. Appreciate there are many reasons why this can happen, but the only thing different is the mixed paint source. Still, hopefully Percy Verance will come to my aid!