Leaking Engine Oil??

Kamran

Hi, 

Still new to this, I started a discussion around 5 months ago but can’t seem to find it and the problem still persists so if anyone can help that’d be much appreciated.

The problem is in regards to my 2009 Audi A5 Coupe 2LT Petrol which I purchased a year ago. More or less for the past 8 - 9 months the car does tend to smoke when idling (sometimes worse than others i.e. at times the smoke would be heavy after 30 seconds and others itll take a while longer). During this time, i've noticed i've been topping up the oil more frequently than I feel i should, within my time of owning the car i've done around 7-8k miles. 

I’ve had the car oil serviced in September 2020 and around 1500 miles later or so the onboard computer claimed the engine oil levels were at minimum. 

Any idea what the issue could be?

P.S. in terms of leaks, there is nothing obvious i.e. puddles of engine oil below the car when parked up etc nor is there any coolant issues 

• 4 weeks later...

Does yours seem to lose engine oil excessively?

and unfortunately not, I’ve been told numerous things but it always come back to having the engine opened I put checked over which I’ve never had the time to do.

• 4 weeks later...

If you got 1500miles between engine oil top for a 2009 2.0i TFSI consider yourself the lucky owners 😊. There are post by many crying they struggling to get 500miles.

Google Audi 2009 piston rings

• 2 months later...

Just bought my 2011 1.8 convertible and it has done 600 miles since I got it. The oil level has dropped from near max to near min in that time. Lots of discussions on this on US Audi forums, it seems over there cars up to 2011 maybe eligible for free piston ring repair don’t think youruse would quality, some on their forums are using a litre every 300 miles. Not sure if that warranty applies here either.

I have no external leaks but the exhaust has black soot at the end, so I guess that’s where it’s going. Not seen or smelled burning oil though.

I was thinking of adding Wynns super charge high Performance Additive in the oil. Has anyone tried it? 
I’m wary in case adding it negates any warranty. If there is no warranty Wynns say it suits all engine and general feedback has been good, though nothing mentions Audi 1.8.