Noise from back wheel

Schauk54

Does anyone know if its something to do with cylinders why my car is making a squeak noise from rear wheel when driving. I have jacked car up at rear and wheel on driver side not spinning as well as of side wheel.i had new pads and discs fitted around a month ago from garage .

24 minutes ago, Schauk54 said:

Does anyone know if its something to do with cylinders why my car is making a squeak noise from rear wheel when driving. I have jacked car up at rear and wheel on driver side not spinning as well as of side wheel.i had new pads and discs fitted around a month ago from garage .

Hi could be if its manual handbrake that one of the cables is seizing up, it sounds like the pads one side are binding worse case scenario is that its the calliper that side these normally misbehave as not many people change brake fluid so the water builds up in the calliper and rots the piston so it won't retract properly.

Steve.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:03 AM, Schauk54 said:

Thanks Steve ,its electronic handbrake so most definitely the caliper then .is it possible to do anything with it before stripping down brakes ? 

Hi not really as its the mechanical side of it that is worn, but if you do get a new unit when separating the electronic driver from the calliper don't unplug the unit as when you finish putting the new calliper on the thing will go stupid and need recoding, just put the handbrake system into pad service mode and then do the work.

Steve.