2016 A6 Allroad retractable tow bar height

Clover

Hello all, looking for any experience of the above set up with horse trailer (Wessex 2 horse). I currently have retractable tow bar which measures 400mm from centre of tow ball to ground but horse trailer is 430mm from centre of coupling to ground. Any advice on how to make this set up more level and stop the trailer grabbing brakes because it’s nose diving?  Thanks

Thanks for the reply, that’s what I thought but the problem is the trailer hitch sits 30mm higher than the ball which makes me fear the Allroad can’t actually tow a horse trailer. I’ve had the trailer checked over and damper replaced which has helped but so frustrating. I had hoped I could raise the air suspension a bar but the car locks that option out.  Will keep looking at trailer optimisation!

Further thoughts ....  are the trailer tyres a) correctly inflated, b) correct size ??  either/both could be causing the trailer to "sit" high ??

Are you measuring the trailer ball height empty or loaded ??  I know you have to tow both but the specs state loaded and a horse wheighs a fair bit from the memory of being stood on !!

Lastly, is it possible to drop the height of the trailer by changing dampers/springs ??...bit like lowering a car ?? Might be a cheaper option than trying to change the car settings ??