Audi A3 8v 2015 cold engine noise until warm

Kieran1995

Cold start engine noise sounds rotational this has been happening a while now and cannot seem to get to the bottom of it since this started I have had the car in to the garage and had a genuine Audi cambelt changed along with all tensioners etc. The garage has removed the auxiliary belt and started the car and the noise still remains. This noise only happens when the engine is cold and when it warms up it disappears but only when engine is at full temp. I have also changed the oil thinking maybe the existing oil may of been too thick causing it to take time until it was thinner to circulate the engine. The car is a 2015 Audi A3 2.0tdi 150hp

• 4 months later...

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have made 45.000km and the noise is louder and worst! But it's running... no one knows the issue but I think it's something on the cam shaft (just a guess tbh)

So it will continue like this until it breaks ahahah

Let's keep updating the thread until we solve this pls 🙂

Audi themselves must know the issue: I have limited time to arrange a booking. But will investigate further.. get differing mechanics opinions 

• 3 weeks later...

That would be great to hear back if issue fixed. Strongly believe this is the problem. The noise from a failing oil pump I’ve heard recently sounds identical to the rotational noise we are all experiencing

• 9 months later...

IT is normal  there is nothing wrong with it..  I have same car  faster 184bhp  and exact same noise I have.. the thing is when from factory car is  and parts never been replaced or disconnected it is fine.. As soon as  car had removed fuel hose pipes the air entered there and it will not create vacuum immediately 

Now I have even worse sound now like  regular intervals it does whistling.. 

Apparently when doing cambelt and u disconnect all fuel hoses u need to bleed it same like when brake fluid is bleed from callipers to remove bubbles..  

On 7/14/2023 at 10:12 AM, guerraffandre said:

Could be the vacuum oil pump! I'll replace it and give feed back if it's solved

it's not oil pump but fuel pump 😉