Alarm siren position on car

Ian f

Hi looking for the fuse and position of the siren on a a6 c6 est 2008 I have tried u tube 

if any one can help please ian 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about the fuse, but I have recently had to replace the siren.

Remove the scuttle panels that sit upto the windscreen (1 of the clips to the bottom of the screen) -underneath this on the passenger side (UK car) you will see a box which houses an ECU - it is behind that!! - I had to remove the lid of the box to get to the siren. 

Mark

• 1 year later...

Quattro Mark

I am trying to remove the lid of the ECU box on the nearside (UK car) under the scuttle to access the alarm siren (bad back-up battery I think) as I am sure that is where it is lurking.

I have removed 4 Torx screws  that secure the ECU lid but the lid seems hinged at the back and I cannot lever it off as I fear damaging something. How did you get this lid off? Did you have to remove the windscreen wipers and remove the scuttle under them too? My windscreen wipers seem fused on!

My car is an A6 C6 3.0TDI Avant Le Mans 2010 and it seems the alarm siren location depends on the year of the vehicle. It is definitely under the scuttle somewhere and I am convinced I can see the securing nut but cannot access the siren without removing the lid.

I would be very grateful for any advice

Regards