Manual gearbox oil

evopilot

Hello Andrew,

What mileages have these cars covered - to warrant gearbox oil changes? 
Such changes can be difficult -access wise- and worth considering having done at an independent who will have the information you require. 
I’m not claiming VAG do, but some manufacturers have their own modified specifications on oil, and such oil may only be available in bulk quantities via. main dealers. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Cheers for the reply Gareth, I'm actually a retired mechanic myself but i come from a Japanese brand dealership so im relatively new to the newer more electric Audis. I only bought this A6 to treat myself. Ive recently done the clutch with flywheel on it so thought id treat the box to new oil

For reference in case anybody stumbles on this thread the original part number is:

G052549A2 and the QJY manual gearbox takes 2.5ltrs

Castrol also list 75w 90 but i think ill stick to the OE stuff above from Audi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evopilot said:

For reference in case anybody stumbles on this thread the original part number is:

G052549A2 and the QJY manual gearbox takes 2.5ltrs

Castrol also list 75w 90 but i think ill stick to the OE stuff above from Audi

Hi the gearbox oil change is every 50k or two years and I use Fuchs Titan which is whats supplied to Audi but cheaper because its in Fuchs own bottle, my advice would be to get the filler plug out before the drain plug as its a real Barsteward to get out the first time.

Steve.

3 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the gearbox oil change is every 50k or two years and I use Fuchs Titan which is whats supplied to Audi but cheaper because its in Fuchs own bottle, my advice would be to get the filler plug out before the drain plug as its a real Barsteward to get out the first time.

Steve.

i didnt know the OE stuff was rebranded Fuchs stuff, handy to know. Its like the Halfords stuff is actually Comma oils in a different bottle

20 hours ago, evopilot said:

i didnt know the OE stuff was rebranded Fuchs stuff, handy to know. Its like the Halfords stuff is actually Comma oils in a different bottle

Hi thats what cracks me up when people waffle on about only ever buying Audi parts, the whole range is made by someone else and packaged in the Audi boxes so if you want to buy something thats possibly three times the price from the dealer, Knock yourself out, example my oil level sensor £168.00 plus vat from Audi, local motor factor sold me a Febi unit for around £80.00 all in and  guess what when I matched the numbers on the casting they were identical except some wag had ground off the dealer logos, Quantum oil is made by Q8, drop links by Lemforder, engine mounts by Febi, I suppose it must be a great consolation when you are pot less knowing you gave your all for the VAG cause.

Steve.

• 1 year later...

just spotted this forum so thought i would join in the thread. 

hello everyone.  I own a A6 Avant Ultra C7  2016 which has been a brilliant motor.  Bought it four years ago.  Although i don't do much mileage it has now done 83ooo 

Recently had clutch problems so decided to put a complete new clutch in.  Not an easy job, but gearbox is now out. Discovered the dual mass flywheel is very poorly.  Bought the new clutch assembly and slave/release  unit, (not a cheap thing) can't seem to get after sales ones. So this morning i have ordered a new DMF  ( wow the price,  is it made of gold) 

So, my point is,,  (sorry to be a bit of a bore)  i think i will give it some new gearbox oil. Hence,  what type of oil ?