Steering wheel help

As00009219

Hi I have got a 2013 A3 I have just upgraded the streering wheel the one with the smaller air bag I can not get the buttons to work on it and that paddles as well it lights up and the horn works is there any over parts I need to get it to work thanks 

38270E0F-3B4E-4C8B-9236-79CEC93FC316.jpeg

396F8074-8DF9-4644-9BC9-A56D34BAF012.jpeg

Hi there are definitive differences between the switch gear on each wheel, my guess is that the connectors are pinned in a different manner, the plugs may fit but the wiring on the new wheel is different.

Steve.

35 minutes ago, As00009219 said:

Which ones will need repinning and how would I find out which way they go thanks for the help 

Edited by As00009219

Did you do the install yourself? If so it might be worth googling for similar installs to see if you can recode or re-pin.

You might also have problems with steering sensors - specifically calibration - so probably best to double check 👍

• Like 1

Hi unfortunately I don't have the answer to that one but the one thing I know for certain is that you have to do a lot of prep before changing any major component 

I.E. plugin and store the original long coding for the steering wheel, in fact take time to write it down as that way you can't loose it and have a path back if it all goes pear shaped, the other thing as Richard pointed out would be to ask advice as to its suitability if its from a later/different model, everything on these cars has a code for every occasion to prevent owners from randomly changing things and as usual I am sure someone will know how to get round it.

Steve