Noise on cold start 1.4 tfsi

Mav

Hi I have recently bought an a1 1.4 tfsi 13 plate it has 26k on it with full history I’ve just recently noticed a horrible tapping noise on low revs when doing next day cold starts. I don’t think it’s the timing chain it more of scrappy sound and it goes away after about 2 miles of driving then it’s not to be heard  can someone  please advise me if the problem I don’t want to take it back to where I bought it because it’s miles away and they’ll just fob me of saying it’s normal or we can’t hear anything 

This is the sound on cold start it sounds pretty normal to me. But it’s when I drive of on low revs between 1st and 2nd gear it makes a right tapping noise until engines warm after a  mile or so 

If it's within 30 days then you're entitled to a full refund. My advice would be to get a garage opinion or even Audis opinion before you contact them. Or do both so you have multiple evidence if there is a fault and you need your money back. 

Thanks for you reply. But it’s now out of the 30 days and I’ve just noticed today  a intermittent judder on idle but Rev needle doesn’t move up or down and a strong smell of petrol 

On 10/11/2021 at 8:41 PM, Mav said:

Thanks for you reply. But it’s now out of the 30 days and I’ve just noticed today  a intermittent judder on idle but Rev needle doesn’t move up or down and a strong smell of petrol 

I'd be getting this checked at a garage.