Looking to buy an A3 First time buyer

Jack_1996

So I currently have a Honda CRV which I am selling I have been looking into A3 the 1.8 tfsi 2 tfsi and the 2 tdi 168bhp one I was wondering what one is more enjoyable looking for a bit more power and upgrading exhaust and stuff like that I don’t do much mileage around 5k a year never owned a diesel so not sure what there like thanks in advance 

Steves right,

i had a 1.8 a4 avant for many happy years  motoring.

car was killed in an accident .

i chose a A3 2tdi diesal without to much thought .

it has power in buckets full for me, but i have to say WAY to much for my needs, as i only do light town work and the occasional motorway trip.

i only do about 10k a year and in all honesty this machine as much as i love it ,it is wasted as my needs do not really warrant a machine of this power.

Jack.

I have the 2 litre diesel, and while it has loads of torque it inevitably is noisier than a petrol engine of similar power. I have no idea how it compares to a Honda CRV, whatever that is. For comparison with my previous cars, my A3 has better performance and comfort than a BMW 325d (which was an unpleasant car,) and equal performance to a Mk.3 Granada Cosworth (which I still miss).

For some months I have been considering changing to a smaller more frugal car as I do only short trips and no more than 2000 miles per year, so if you want to try mine you are welcome to do so.

• Like 1