Audi A5 Inoperative Key Fob

Pads100

Hello Paul,

Have you tried the reprogramming sequences found via. a Google search. One of these might work for you, but unfortunately didn’t for me - you could be luckier. 
If not, you will first need to get the remote checked to find out if it is still signalling, and if so, it sounds as if you will have to get the fob reprogrammed via. the appropriate software.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

I’ve looked through the various “re-programming” videos but none seem to address the push button start versions as per my 2017 A5.

I also note that the standby key symbol in the cup holder is not a functioning option when I suspected my key battery had gone flat. 

Why should such “simple” problems be so b….y difficult to resolve?😩

Edited by Pads100
Grammar

Thanks Paul,

Apologies Paul for suggesting what you have already tried - detail is king to avoid duplicating advice - so it’s not just me failing to reprogramme! 
The more ‘toys’ there are (and most seem to want as many toys as possible) then the more there is to go wrong!  Folks were once content with just shoving a key in a door lock and turning it. Hey presto, the door locked or unlocked. Now we get frustrated when we press a little button and nothing consistently happens, and we need to try a dose of computer software in the hope that that works. 
Hopefully, someone on here may be able to suggest a ‘quick fix’, but if not, it’s sounds like option 2 in my above post. Sorry I can’t be any more helpful. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth- it was your advice that led me to the Google search tips - just that, in spite of the respective video titles I couldn’t find one that matched my vehicle. Am consulting my local garage who has “a chap who might know” visiting tomorrow!!!

• Like 1

Many thanks Paul.

Fingers crossed it will be a simple bit of software intervention. 
I wonder if you would be kind enough to keep the forum informed as things progress.

Many thanks again and kind regards,

Gareth. 

Well, how’s about having a red face!! The “chap who might know” did indeed visit and……..removed the film on the battery which then allowed the fob to work as advertised☺️

He also advised that, in respect of the alternative key reading position in the centre storage console - apparently it’s often necessary to try the key in different positions next to the “key” sign. I thought I’d done this when I previously suspected a dud fob battery but he assured me it would work and allow the vehicle to recognise a key regardless of battery power. Have yet to try again!

Finally, has anyone had an issue with an A5 front passenger sun visor? Mine detached itself today my having had it rotated it thru’ 90 deg to screen off the stroboscopic effect of the sun through roadside trees. It seems to have broken off from the hinge point but there seems only to be 2 tiny pins within the hinge point attachment (although these are probably the electrical contacts for the vanity mirror light?). Very disappointing on a 3 yr old car which hasn’t been abused.

5B0296F8-E061-4CC6-9DF2-3EB34E0EF32D.jpeg

E844D2B5-38B0-4399-B8C4-D650B4AD691B.jpeg