Emissions Scandal Fix question

Darryl

Hi, I'm new to VAG products my last Audi  being back  back in the late eighties.

I am in the process of purchasing a 2009 Audi A4 tdi 120 which looks very well and drives perfectly.

My query is re the emissions fix following the scandal.

I have read all of the tales of woe from disgruntled customers and don't doubt them for a second.

My question is that bearing in mind  probably the vast majority of those that were affected would have just gone along with the directive to bring their vehicle in for the "FIX" , has this adversely affected every vehicle concerned or are there people out there who have had no issues as such.

Trying to find one now that has not had the fix applied must be difficult.

I've also read that some companies are offering a " Fix" reversal? Again  has anyone been down this route and if so what was the cost and the end result.

I'm not interested in remaps, DPF or EGR deletes, just a standard vehicle that works reliably as it should.

Thanks.👍

If the car you're looking at has full service history then you should find a certificate that shows the car has had the recall. I worked at Volkswagen abd whst would happen, a customer would be given a certificate, and a pen and keyring in a box. Most e189 recalls was a ECU update (remap). 

So in theory a new remap could help reverse this. 

However some Audi models had an additional comment added which restricted the turbo or air intake I can't remember which as it was a long while ago I worked there.