High pressure fuel pump question

Sunshinesnoopy

Hi , have Audi A4 2006 sline convertible  2 l Tdi. Noticed a diesel leak called Rac out and they advised replace pump . Can any help I am going with reconditioned as car has been troublesome money wise although I love it and wouldn’ t sell it ! 

can anyone give the exact pump off eBay that will definitely fit. They are all different ! Many thanks Ann 

5 hours ago, Sunshinesnoopy said:

Hi , have Audi A4 2006 sline convertible  2 l Tdi. Noticed a diesel leak called Rac out and they advised replace pump . Can any help I am going with reconditioned as car has been troublesome money wise although I love it and wouldn’ t sell it ! 

can anyone give the exact pump off eBay that will definitely fit. They are all different ! Many thanks Ann 

Hi Ann still here despite the worlds best efforts, try a company called Car parts in motion, they are on eBay and if you get their customer service number off the site ring them and give them your VIN NO, On your log book they will match you up with a good quality part at a competitive price, no good guessing which pump to fit as there are at least four options for that year, Happy New Year.

Steve.

Hi Steve, thanks, me too . Glad your ok . Still got you car?  Plodding on with mine. It is so temperamental! after this I’ve got the roof to sort  out . Should the pump look like this photo attached .  Not uploading ! 
Cars been running really well otherwise 12 months mot no advisories . Job still stressful , u still working ? Will keep u updated . Happy new year ! 

take care Ann

23 hours ago, Sunshinesnoopy said:

Hi Steve, thanks, me too . Glad your ok . Still got you car?  Plodding on with mine. It is so temperamental! after this I’ve got the roof to sort  out . Should the pump look like this photo attached .  Not uploading ! 
Cars been running really well otherwise 12 months mot no advisories . Job still stressful , u still working ? Will keep u updated . Happy new year ! 

take care Ann

Hi Ann as long as you give the supplier the right VIN the one you get should fit as it will get them the correct part number as per your build specification, as for working I am still at it had a good job today and the passenger was a Citroen drivers door which didn't make a sound the whole thirty miles to the body repair shop,LOL. Keep me advised and be lucky.

Steve. 

Hiya Steve, perfect passenger😊then I’ve not been so lucky I do like my job though I work in mental health . Need to log into eBay and what replies I have  . I tried to up load a picture . I will try again to see if it looks like the right one ! I’ve got a Haines manual . It’s called a high pressure diesel pump but the pictures are all different  , must admit feel a bit pissec off about it . It’s been nothing but trouble !!! But it’s not too serious  I hope ! 

20 hours ago, Sunshinesnoopy said:

Hiya Steve, perfect passenger😊then I’ve not been so lucky I do like my job though I work in mental health . Need to log into eBay and what replies I have  . I tried to up load a picture . I will try again to see if it looks like the right one ! I’ve got a Haines manual . It’s called a high pressure diesel pump but the pictures are all different  , must admit feel a bit pissec off about it . It’s been nothing but trouble !!! But it’s not too serious  I hope ! 

Hi Ann stick with the the part matched by the VIN, but also get the garage to check the lift pump in the fuel tank as that will throw up a code for the high pressure fuel pump as its not getting any diesel from the lift pump.

Steve.

Hiya Steve, Good day ? Mine has been unusual !  I have had areply from an eBay seller saying he doesn’t have the part but has given me the parts number. 8E0 919 050 AE I don’t whether to order the part on eBay is

97-04 AUDI A4 B6 8E 1.9TDI FUEL PUMP SENDER UNIT 8E0919050D 8E0 919 050 D UNIT

£44

what do you think ? 
I did a wed chat with Audi and they wouldn’t give me the parts number ..  

trade-audi-vw-spares (2258 )
98.3% positive Feedback