Suspension height.

Shaf

Hi does anyone know what mm a standard a4 b8 has? My car is an s line model, so when the garage changed one of my rear suspension I noticed it was way higher then the rest, I just assumed because it was a new one it would settle down but it hasn't so now I'm looking to replace it but I don't know what the height is. Thank you

4 hours ago, Shaf said:

Hi does anyone know what mm a standard a4 b8 has? My car is an s line model, so when the garage changed one of my rear suspension I noticed it was way higher then the rest, I just assumed because it was a new one it would settle down but it hasn't so now I'm looking to replace it but I don't know what the height is. Thank you

Hi sounds like they changed it for a standard ride height shock, the S line will have factory tuned suspension which is normally 20mm lower.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi sounds like they changed it for a standard ride height shock, the S line will have factory tuned suspension which is normally 20mm lower.

Steve.

Hi Steve, any ideas to what the exact mm sline spring should be? 

15 hours ago, Shaf said:

IMG_20220210_111931.thumb.jpg.3c08bfafb0108cdfb6bdd2bb176d5362.jpg

Hi Shaf the first picture nails it as you can plainly see the top of the spring is not sitting in the spring mount and has one coil wrapped around the top of the spring mounting if you look at the other picture as this one its sitting in the top mount on its rubber vibration cushion, technically you should always replace springs in pairs as what is classed as the good side has a fair amount of corrosion at the top, tbh the bad side looks like its been fitted upside down.

Steve.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Shaf the first picture nails it as you can plainly see the top of the spring is not sitting in the spring mount and has one coil wrapped around the top of the spring mounting if you look at the other picture as this one its sitting in the top mount on its rubber vibration cushion, technically you should always replace springs in pairs as what is classed as the good side has a fair amount of corrosion at the top, tbh the bad side looks like its been fitted upside down.

Steve.

Thank you Steve really appreciate it. I will get them replaced together. 

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi just make sure whoever fits them gets the springs the right way up.

Steve.

Hahaha I will stand next to them watching their every move. Thanks again.