Satnav

Ellcat

I have just bought a 2017 A1 but when I try the satnav it says that it has not been enabled and to contact an Audi dealer, I have seen sites on the internet that sell sd cards and activate cards would these work with my car or do I really need to go to an Audi dealer.

regards

23 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

You do have to go to an Audi dealer to get it set up. It'll cost you around £500. 

I applied (today) an MMI s/w and maps update and when it had finished the Nav screen showed "Navigation is not enabled". I then ran the "activate" SDCard and (as expected), my SatNav then re-started as normal.

Am not (entirely!) disputing what you have said but why would this not work on a setup that previously didn't have a fully working Nav system? Is there something more deeply rooted in the s/w that only Audi can access?

David

What is sticking point that makes the setup only available in an Audi dealership, as Tinyflier says buy the sd card with the satnav software and the activate sd card   or is there some thing deeper the ordinary punter cannot do.

1 hour ago, Tinyflier said:

I applied (today) an MMI s/w and maps update and when it had finished the Nav screen showed "Navigation is not enabled". I then ran the "activate" SDCard and (as expected), my SatNav then re-started as normal.

Am not (entirely!) disputing what you have said but why would this not work on a setup that previously didn't have a fully working Nav system? Is there something more deeply rooted in the s/w that only Audi can access?

David

4 minutes ago, Ellcat said:

Thanks Tinyflier had similar thoughts myself.

When I worked at Volkswagen we had to plug the cars into a computer linked directly to Germany to activate nav. This was back in 2017. 

If the other way works then that's great 👍

18 minutes ago, Ellcat said:

Thanks Tinyflier had similar thoughts myself.

Keep in mind that my SatNav was already enabled, I was simply updating the MMI software and the maps. But you don't have much to lose if it doesn't work!

It was the message on my system post update "Navigation is not enabled" that made me wonder if you could use the same route.