Automatic gearbox malfunction message

Alex39

Hello Audi lovers,

I have Audi a6 2013 automatic cvt gearbox

It's been about 5times now when driving the message popped up "gearbox malfunction" and 2seconds later says"but you can carry on driving" what's that supposed to mean if anyone have experienced this? Car seems ok no sluggish or any new noises or any problems with gear shifting. Don't even know where to start. Much help appreciate

9 hours ago, Alex39 said:

Hello Audi lovers,

I have Audi a6 2013 automatic cvt gearbox

It's been about 5times now when driving the message popped up "gearbox malfunction" and 2seconds later says"but you can carry on driving" what's that supposed to mean if anyone have experienced this? Car seems ok no sluggish or any new noises or any problems with gear shifting. Don't even know where to start. Much help appreciate

Have a look at the woes continue on the A6 part of the forum he has had the same problem but seems to be pretty close to cracking it.

Steve.

• 1 year later...

I've just had this on my A6 C7 auto. It was a leaking auto gearbox coolant valve that's let water/coolant into the wiring connecting the gearbox and ICU - seemingly a problem known by Audi for some time. If so, get it fixed quickly as a new mechatronics unit is up to £4k, and you can't get components for it, e.g. the connector, only the whole unit! Another example of mfrs fleecing it's customers.