Electric Window Stuck

Loken

Hi everyone. Yesterday in a car park I put my window down for the ticket machine and it sort of juddered and made a bit of a grinding noise and now it won't come back up. Like the switch clicks and the motor makes noise but it only comes up maybe a half inch then stops and goes back down.

I took the door card off and tried to 'help' the glass move up by hand but it won't move at all. The whole mechanism and glass has only been in this door a few weeks so it's going back to the body shop later for a quick look but any ideas what this can be? Nothing seems loose at all and I think the motor has given up.

Thanks in advance if anyone has ideas.

Just an update for anyone in the future with a similar issue I guess.

We took the door card, speaker, etc out and with a bit of jiggling got the window to move up under its own power again.

We moved it up and down but it only lasted about three test moves before the regulator exploded into pieces, so that's what it was.

Electric windows have a sensor to detect if the window is jamming. It's a safety device in case a hand or a child's head is sticking out when the window is closed. In your case I fancy there was a more serious fault than a failed sensor. A piece of glass lodged in the window channel perhaps?