Need a help for tyres please

nicko76

Hello everyone, I’m looking to change my tyres. The current one are Pirelli. I did find one Pirelli better than mine same size but on the label I’ve see MO not AO. Can I get them anyway or I have to find one for AO? 
Thanks

Hello Nickolay,

As you may know, the A of AO signifies its recommendation for use on Audi cars - the M of MO for  Mercedes. You are likely to find other similar/same size tyres by the same or other manufacturers which don’t show any such markings. 
Forright or for wrong (so please double check) I have always taken these markings to be desirable requirements, rather than must- have.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. just re-read your post, and I’m having indications that you are referring to secondhand tyres?? Apologies if I’ve misread your description.

Hello Gareth

Thank you so much, I’m looking for new ones, just wondering can I get them ones because on the wet grip is A and fuel is B. Better than the others approved from AUDI /wet grip B fuel C/. 
So probably I’ll go to GOODYEAR ones.
Thanks

Hello Nikolay,

It could be me, but I don’t get too hung up about what manufacturers claim in terms of grading the various categories - I tend to accept this information in the same light that I treat claimed manufacturer’s mpg claims. 
I appreciate everybody’s driving style is different, and for me, I don’t go driving around bends at speeds to the limit of grip, particularly in wet conditions where the grip can obviously be far less.

I have a fairly simple requirement of most mileage from a set of reputable brand tyres, and I have found that Michelin provide me with the greatest mileage/£. As for Goodyear - a family member had a new car with these fitted, and his experience was that they didn’t last as long as would have been anticipated- now replaced by a set of Michelin. 
Not sure if any of this helps, and let’s hope you have other posts with varying recommendations. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Gareth

I do appreciate for this information. It’s so helpful. My current ones are on 10k miles from new and it’s time to change them. That’s why I would like to try something different. Hope with others I can do a bit more miles. Thanks. 

Kind regards 

Nikolay