Injector

Katy

Hi everyone, got an injector gone on my 1.6 tdi and it's seized, my mechanic has tried to force it out with a bar to no avail, any tips on unseizing it? Thanks

27 minutes ago, Katy said:

Hi everyone, got an injector gone on my 1.6 tdi and it's seized, my mechanic has tried to force it out with a bar to no avail, any tips on unseizing it? Thanks

Hi hit it with Plusgas and leave it overnight then heat it up with a blowtorch and try twisting it out with a plumbers wrench, it sounds a bit savage but its worked for me, other than that its a cylinder head off job and will need drilling out.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, so the situation now is, the old injectors been removed, a refurbished one fitted, the car started and run but not very well with lots of black smoke out the exhaust, and a bit more tweaking the car will now not start at all. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance

14 hours ago, Katy said:

Right, so the situation now is, the old injectors been removed, a refurbished one fitted, the car started and run but not very well with lots of black smoke out the exhaust, and a bit more tweaking the car will now not start at all. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance

Hi did the mechanic code the refurbished injector in when fitted, as when they refurbish them they need recoding to balance them with the old injectors.

Steve.

4 hours ago, Katy said:

No, he definitely didn't code it, would that be the cause of it running rough/ now not starting and black smoke? Thanks

Hi most likely as in the old days injectors were plug in and play but since 2002 most vehicles will require recoding as the ECU won't know the status of the new unit until its coded to the car, in essence the ECU will put the new unit into default [running rich] which is the cause of the smoke.

Steve.

34 minutes ago, Katy said:

Also there is no engine light on now, but the original codes were, P0202  p and p2425. Thanks

Hi you posted at the same time as I did, this is great stuff to have codes, it would appear that replacing the injector was correct but he seems to have missed p2425 which would cause the majority of the bad running symptoms this code applies to the EGR cooler control solenoid, I had this with my daughters Q3 its a solenoid with a white cap with made in the U.S.A. stamped on it and it sits on a bracket to the right of the inlet manifold and apparently is a common problem as the wires [two of them] to the connector seem to snap and thats what causes the problem, I got a temporary repair by soldering the broken wire and then bought a repair plug from eBay and made a permanent repair, I checked the pipework to the solenoid as well as this is another failure prone area.

Steve.