Spark plugs

Limitless bodyworx

Just about to service my 3.2 TT and pulled the coils.
And the first one I pull looks like it's never been ot,the rubber from the coil pack is stopping me getting my socket onto the plug, I've tried so far hooked screwdriver, normal screwdriver,my pin nose pliers won't grab it.
Has anyone come across this and how did you get the rubber from around the spark plug. I'm even contemplating drilling a hole in it so I can get my hook tools inside it.
But that does seem a bit extreme.. Its stuck like glue. Surely there's an easy way.. Would spraying it with wd40 make a difference..

Thanks for any help I love the car, its only got 82k miles, and impressive service history, but I'm forever coming against problems, I've a weird noise in the back passenger side, sounds like the tailgate isn't shut properly. It is shut. I've checked every arm at the back, changed the shocks and springs, checked the underside plastic covers and everything is perfect.even took the parcel shelf out. 

But if anyone has had that noise problem I'm having, what did you find... As it would be good to drive the car and listen to the miltek exhaust, instead of having the stereo on full blast, to stop the rattle noises that are going on that iretate me .. A boy racer in a 1999 fibreglass body kitted citreon saxo with 6x9 speakers cut into the front door cards with a kitchen knife would have less rattles than my TT. I've had many audi and this being my first TT and never had so many niggling problems. Especially clunk's and creaks in the boot area 
Edited by Limitless bodyworx

On 3/21/2022 at 1:58 PM, Limitless bodyworx said:
Just about to service my 3.2 TT and pulled the coils.
And the first one I pull looks like it's never been ot,the rubber from the coil pack is stopping me getting my socket onto the plug, I've tried so far hooked screwdriver, normal screwdriver,my pin nose pliers won't grab it.
Has anyone come across this and how did you get the rubber from around the spark plug. I'm even contemplating drilling a hole in it so I can get my hook tools inside it.
But that does seem a bit extreme.. Its stuck like glue. Surely there's an easy way.. Would spraying it with wd40 make a difference..

Thanks for any help I love the car, its only got 82k miles, and impressive service history, but I'm forever coming against problems, I've a weird noise in the back passenger side, sounds like the tailgate isn't shut properly. It is shut. I've checked every arm at the back, changed the shocks and springs, checked the underside plastic covers and everything is perfect.even took the parcel shelf out. 

But if anyone has had that noise problem I'm having, what did you find... As it would be good to drive the car and listen to the miltek exhaust, instead of having the stereo on full blast, to stop the rattle noises that are going on that iretate me .. A boy racer in a 1999 fibreglass body kitted citreon saxo with 6x9 speakers cut into the front door cards with a kitchen knife would have less rattles than my TT. I've had many audi and this being my first TT and never had so many niggling problems. Especially clunk's and creaks in the boot area 

Hi try hosing it with WD40 and then twist it with the pin nosed pliers, when reassembling coat the top of the plug with silicone grease as this stops them sticking to the plug, as for the rattles I have no idea.

Steve.