1996 Audi a4 avant 2.6 se

Crankshaft

Hi im new to this but ive got a beautiful 96 a4 avant 2.6 se 5 sp auto non tiptronic 22.780 from new .issue is it drives beautiful but on change up between 4 th n 5th 30 38 mph it hesitent it feels as if it is missing a bit but but faults or codes but then after 38mph sweet do,s owt you as of its been stood a few times over yrs hense milage if any one could help it would be great thanks 

Edited by Crankshaft
Update

2 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

Hi im new to this but ive got a beautiful 96 a4 avant 2.6 se 5 sp auto non tiptronic 22.780 from new .issue is it drives beautiful but on change up between 4 th n 5th 30 38 mph it hesitent it feels as if it is missing a bit but but faults or codes but then after 38mph sweet do,s owt you as of its been stood a few times over yrs hense milage if any one could help it would be great thanks 

Hi if its been standing try getting the gearbox serviced the oil is probably knackered along with the filters.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi if its been standing try getting the gearbox serviced the oil is probably knackered along with the filters.

Steve.

Hi steve thanks for replying oil done 1 wk ago filter was clean oil   was dirty. Also add cambelt w pump all pulleys etc plus full serice.

Edited by Crankshaft

Thanks Gordon

When you say the oil was done a week go, were you referring to the engine oil or the - gearbox  oil - as Steve was recommending? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Gordon

When you say the oil was done a week go, were you referring to the engine oil or the - gearbox  oil - as Steve was recommending? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi gareth thanks for ur reply yes the gearbox oil was changed a wk ago i forgot to add when this happens the rev counter bounces between 1200 to 1600 rpm and soon as u increase ur speed to 40 or more it al just go,s back to normal thanks  Gordon

Hello Gordon,

Many thanks. In knowledge that fact that the rev. counter jumps about at the time of the loss of performance, now almost certainly points to a misfire, rather than a gearbox ‘hesitation’. Cause:- plug/s, leads, connections,  coil or coil packs (if that arrangement then - but doubt it).

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

5 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Gordon,

Many thanks. In knowledge that fact that the rev. counter jumps about at the time of the loss of performance, now almost certainly points to a misfire, rather than a gearbox ‘hesitation’. Cause:- plug/s, leads, connections,  coil or coil packs (if that arrangement then - but doubt it).

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Cheers Gareth for the info.

Im baffled because everything has been changed...plugs, leads, coil pack checked. Its been on diagnostic on computer...no codes...no misfires at all. I'm stumped.

The car is sweet as a nut.

Regards, Gordon

21 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

Hi steve thanks for replying oil done 1 wk ago filter was clean oil   was dirty. Also add cambelt w pump all pulleys etc plus full serice.

Hi I hate to tell you this but if the oil was dirty how could anyone know if the filter was clean unless they have microscope vision, it follows that if the oil was dirty at some point it will have travelled through the filter and god only knows how much crud is embedded in the filter, the normal practice is to change both regardless of any visual inspection offered, possible the changed oil is having a hard time with an old filter.

Steve.

44 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi I hate to tell you this but if the oil was dirty how could anyone know if the filter was clean unless they have microscope vision, it follows that if the oil was dirty at some point it will have travelled through the filter and god only knows how much crud is embedded in the filter, the normal practice is to change both regardless of any visual inspection offered, possible the changed oil is having a hard time with an old filter.

Steve.

Hi steve thanks for reply.i was there when my mecanic did the job  he,s done my cars for yrs .no we changed the filter.andScreenshot_20220304-140557_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c9ba6acf7eaf62bef5a5707b3000e51d.jpg we emptyed oil out let it drip overnight then refiled new oil and filter run till hot run through all gears while up on ramp then re dropped the oil after a hr o so re filled with oil and another new filter. Hive loaded pic of car taken a few week ago try to show pic of oil that came out but it wont load it.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:56 PM, Crankshaft said:

Hi steve thanks for reply.i was there when my mecanic did the job  he,s done my cars for yrs .no we changed the filter.andScreenshot_20220304-140557_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c9ba6acf7eaf62bef5a5707b3000e51d.jpg we emptyed oil out let it drip overnight then refiled new oil and filter run till hot run through all gears while up on ramp then re dropped the oil after a hr o so re filled with oil and another new filter. Hive loaded pic of car taken a few week ago try to show pic of oil that came out but it wont load it.

Hi sorry it sounds like you have covered just about every thing, the only thing I can think of is that its a driven clutch problem in the gearbox itself.

Steve.

2 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi sorry it sounds like you have covered just about every thing, the only thing I can think of is that its a driven clutch problem in the gearbox itself.

Steve.

Thanks steve for thought im going to run it see if it get worse or go,s but will give it  some more thought but thanks for the help steve G

On 3/26/2022 at 11:22 PM, Crankshaft said:

Thanks steve for thought im going to run it see if it get worse or go,s but will give it  some more thought but thanks for the help steve G

Hi anybody got any other ideas on the matter.

Also i would like to fit a orig audi cd in it to uprate the gamma casette player thats in is there  a cd multi player that fits in and is the cable all ready fitted in loom for that  . Also are there extra wires behind the stereo fitted in loom for rear speakers  thanks G