Searched Gearbox code but still do not know the type. S Tronic or Tip? Can anybody please help?

Didster

29 minutes ago, JMKC82 said:

I think it is tiptronic.

The s-tronic has a maximum torque limit and as this is a 3.0 tdi, i expect it is the tiptronic.

Thanks for your reply buddy, it actually says on the Audi App that it's Tip-Tronic, but i'm being told it's S-tronic by Volksmaster? I'm after a Gearbox Service which will cost around £900 for S-tronic as appose to being less for Tip-tronic...

I've been on line to find out the type but had no look apart from 'Proxy Parts' which at the top of my search, but doesn't have my gearbox code?? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 1:51 PM, Didster said:

Thanks for your reply buddy, it actually says on the Audi App that it's Tip-Tronic, but i'm being told it's S-tronic by Volksmaster? I'm after a Gearbox Service which will cost around £900 for S-tronic as appose to being less for Tip-tronic...

I've been on line to find out the type but had no look apart from 'Proxy Parts' which at the top of my search, but doesn't have my gearbox code?? 

What year is your car, mines a 2010 a6 c6 3.0tdi 240bhp 500nm and has a tiptronic but they did put an s-tronic in the c7 3.0tdi and that had 272bhp and around 600nm.

3 hours ago, Steve Gred said:

What year is your car, mines a 2010 a6 c6 3.0tdi 240bhp 500nm and has a tiptronic but they did put an s-tronic in the c7 3.0tdi and that had 272bhp and around 600nm.

Hi Steve, cheers for the reply buddy, it's a 2014, C7, 313 Btdi, i know a few of this range was fitted with the S-tronic boxes, but it says in the Audi app that it's Tip? I can't find my Gearbox on the internet when i google it? Volksmaster have stated it's S- tronic? I've searched the 'LWV QDC' but found nothing? 

10 minutes ago, Didster said:

Hi Steve, cheers for the reply buddy, it's a 2014, C7, 313 Btdi, i know a few of this range was fitted with the S-tronic boxes, but it says in the Audi app that it's Tip? I can't find my Gearbox on the internet when i google it? Volksmaster have stated it's S- tronic? I've searched the 'LWV QDC' but found nothing? 

Ah ok nice car, im sure the bi-turbo uses the zf 8 speed tiptronic same as the rs6

4 minutes ago, Steve Gred said:

Ah ok nice car, im sure the bi-turbo uses the zf 8 speed tiptronic same as the rs6

It is 8 speed m8y, i think the 320 btdi use s-tronic on the 2016 models? But i just can't get my head around how Audi say it's Tip, and Volksmaster say it's S? The gear Lever has the button on the side, and i'm sure the S have them on the front of the Gear lever? My m8 has an Rs6 n his lever is the ssme as mine like you say? Just making me wonder if the S-tronic boxes cost more to sevice than a Tip? 

10 minutes ago, Didster said:

It is 8 speed m8y, i think the 320 btdi use s-tronic on the 2016 models? But i just can't get my head around how Audi say it's Tip, and Volksmaster say it's S? The gear Lever has the button on the side, and i'm sure the S have them on the front of the Gear lever? My m8 has an Rs6 n his lever is the ssme as mine like you say? Just making me wonder if the S-tronic boxes cost more to sevice than a Tip? 

Yes I think it's a tiptronic mate, don't think audi used a s-tronic(dual clutch) 8 speed until recently in the new rs6, I think all s-tronics at that time(2014)where 7 speed. The biturbo is the only diesel a6 to use the zf 8 speed (torque converter)  as it has to much torque for the 7 speed s-tronic.

21 minutes ago, Steve Gred said:

Yes I think it's a tiptronic mate, don't think audi used a s-tronic(dual clutch) 8 speed until recently in the new rs6, I think all s-tronics at that time(2014)where 7 speed. The biturbo is the only diesel a6 to use the zf 8 speed (torque converter)  as it has to much torque for the 7 speed s-tronic.

Cheers m8y, seems this garage clearly wants money over custom, my m8 says it's Tip too. I took my car for an Interim sevice, they checked the car over and now, i need £700 worth of things doing to it? Last year M.O.T showed no advisories and passed with a clean bill? .... starting to build a picture ere .... £900 for a gearbox service after that? There's a couple of Indis around where i live so, i think i'm gunna shop about, might even getva price from Audi n compare too? 

8 minutes ago, Didster said:

Cheers m8y, seems this garage clearly wants money over custom, my m8 says it's Tip too. I took my car for an Interim sevice, they checked the car over and now, i need £700 worth of things doing to it? Last year M.O.T showed no advisories and passed with a clean bill? .... starting to build a picture ere .... £900 for a gearbox service after that? There's a couple of Indis around where i live so, i think i'm gunna shop about, might even getva price from Audi n compare too? 

Ah right ok, robbers. What's your mileage as my 6 speed tip is supposed to be good for life lol ! ,But it is recommended by some in the know to change around 100,000.  Mines done 140,000 now and for 80000, of that it's been remapped to 280bhp. I have the oli and gaskets just waiting to do my chains at the same time. Where do you live? Give darkside developments a call just for a quote,  they are not cheap but won't be 900 quid . 

22 minutes ago, Didster said:

Give them your vin number and they will tell you what box you have aswel .

13 hours ago, Steve Gred said:

Hi pal, sorry for the late reply, it's done 70.000 at the mo, was after a remap too and i've heard of Darkside. They sold a 400bph Btdi that they remapped and done up, it was a 2013. 21' Bentley wheels, big intercooler, big injectors and a new big turbo. Sold for around 20 grand i think? Never thought of phonin Darkside to be honest Steve, my head has been up my !Removed! with trying to find the gearbox lol. I've got the vin number in the app, might just call em on my brew later 👍🏻😊. I'll post up when i've been in touch m8y, and let you know the script 

14 hours ago, Steve Gred said:

I've message Darkside, just waiting on thier reply 👍🏻😊

2 hours ago, Didster said:

I've message Darkside, just waiting on thier reply 👍🏻😊

Just had the Email back from Darkside Steve, the service on the gearbox is 250+ VAT for the kit and 270 + for fitting. My Gearbox is a VAG 8HP55 0BK ZF which i still am none the wiser to be honest haha. I also asked about a remap at the same time, 650 + VAT so, basically, i can get a map, and sevice for near on the same price i was quoted for just a service with Volksmaster 😊👍🏻