Front pads opinion

Dales85

Hi all hope we are all doing well. Havent posted in ages. Got a customer on a tight budget and sadly on front brakes which i normally hate but hey ho. Wondering if the delphi pads are any good on the a4 or if anyone had some experience with them. Ideally id get a good brand myself as its your brakes and not to scrimp on stopping. But trying to do the best i can for the customer any feedback be great.😊

Hello Dale from the homeland,

There are healthy varying opinions on here about the full efficiency of aftermarket brake pads. My experience - for what it’s worth is that aftermarket pads ( Apec as I recall) just didn’t instil anything like the confidence that the Audi boxed ones did , but I do appreciate that is just my experience. 
Of course, Delphi have been about since I had hair ( Vauxhall associated if I remember correctly) but sorry Dale, I cannot offer any experience. 
I sense (understandably) that you are concerned about the desire of this customer to spend as little as possible on parts, but…. 
Why not suggest to the customer that he supplies the brake pads of his choice - for you to fit? He can then search eBay and find the cheapest he can find. 
As you rightly point out, saving pennies on brakes is not a good starting point - and certainly not a good stopping point!!

Kind regards,

Gareth.

23 hours ago, Dales85 said:

Hi all hope we are all doing well. Havent posted in ages. Got a customer on a tight budget and sadly on front brakes which i normally hate but hey ho. Wondering if the delphi pads are any good on the a4 or if anyone had some experience with them. Ideally id get a good brand myself as its your brakes and not to scrimp on stopping. But trying to do the best i can for the customer any feedback be great.😊

Hi Delphi pads are good as they are fitted to Vauxhall,Citroen,Peugeot, and practically every model in the U.S. and without going into the same information again they will be either E11 or E90 marked which means they have to pass stringent tests to obtain the rating to be sold as aftermarket or in the case of Delphi as O.E. equivalent, despite the overwhelming evidence as to the quality of these parts there are those who would rather spend a lot more on a box that has been badge engineered with the same pad inside, pushing home the point TMG Friction own most of the brake manufacturers in Europe and having used most brands of brakes during 950000 miles as a cabbie I can assure you Delphi pads are good as gold based on the fact that I used them on my last cab and they pulled up a ton and quarter 2.2 Titanium X sport estate pretty damn quick from over a ton, [Did I say that], its impossible to buy cr@p brake pads then days even Apec have had to up their game with the advent of E11/E90, Google it as if your fixing cars it makes fascinating reading.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 8:26 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi Delphi pads are good as they are fitted to Vauxhall,Citroen,Peugeot, and practically every model in the U.S. and without going into the same information again they will be either E11 or E90 marked which means they have to pass stringent tests to obtain the rating to be sold as aftermarket or in the case of Delphi as O.E. equivalent, despite the overwhelming evidence as to the quality of these parts there are those who would rather spend a lot more on a box that has been badge engineered with the same pad inside, pushing home the point TMG Friction own most of the brake manufacturers in Europe and having used most brands of brakes during 950000 miles as a cabbie I can assure you Delphi pads are good as gold based on the fact that I used them on my last cab and they pulled up a ton and quarter 2.2 Titanium X sport estate pretty damn quick from over a ton, [Did I say that], its impossible to buy cr@p brake pads then days even Apec have had to up their game with the advent of E11/E90, Google it as if your fixing cars it makes fascinating reading.

Steve.

Hi steve i do have a look online mate and being a mechanic and fixings cars im intouch. Just ive never rrally used the brand. Ive heard of the brand just never used them. Its the usual suspects thats normally come up mate. But thanks for the reply mate 🙂