Jump to content

A4 b6 genuine sports suspension wanted


Recommended Posts

Hi all, I am looking for genuine sports suspension parts for my car, I am in need of a front spring/springs with 1 blue 3 green and shocks ending in code Bn. Also needing rear shocks but will probably go for new bilstein b4 unless someone has something? Regards Craig 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

On 4/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Catmandu427 said:

Hi all, I am looking for genuine sports suspension parts for my car, I am in need of a front spring/springs with 1 blue 3 green and shocks ending in code Bn. Also needing rear shocks but will probably go for new bilstein b4 unless someone has something? Regards Craig 

Hi Craig, have you sorted this yet? Only asking as I’m looking at shock options for ours. It has sport suspension and I’ve noticed one of the rear shocks has been leaking for a while so I’m looking at B4s to replace. I looked at B12 shocks but we access our house via a bumpy unmade road so it needs to not be crashy and solid. Just curious to see what way you went

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AlpinaTom said:

Hi Craig, have you sorted this yet? Only asking as I’m looking at shock options for ours. It has sport suspension and I’ve noticed one of the rear shocks has been leaking for a while so I’m looking at B4s to replace. I looked at B12 shocks but we access our house via a bumpy unmade road so it needs to not be crashy and solid. Just curious to see what way you went

Think I'll be changing to the bilstein b12 set up on my A6 as I've heard good thing about them. Genuine Audi suspension is no longer made for my a6. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 6:01 AM, Steve Q said:

Think I'll be changing to the bilstein b12 set up on my A6 as I've heard good thing about them. Genuine Audi suspension is no longer made for my a6. 

Hello there Steve, sorry for the late reply, I have nearly got all parts together now to start to fit. I have indeed had the rear bilstein b4’s delivered and I will let you know when the car is together if you haven’t already sorted out your rear shocks. I can say my rear red sports shocks were very tired but the fronts really are fine as I took them to a local well regarded mechanic I know and he said there is nothing wrong with them other than a paint. I am really impressed with my car’s original parts never has the suspension been apart until now with 195000 miles and 19 years old. I really would have liked to buy genuine rear shocks but the bilstein’s were half the price and anyway easy changed if I thought my b6 was worth it one day? I am a little despondent that you cannot get the genuine shocks for your car as I really can’t praise my cars build quality enough. Many regards Craig 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2022 at 6:01 AM, Steve Q said:

Think I'll be changing to the bilstein b12 set up on my A6 as I've heard good thing about them. Genuine Audi suspension is no longer made for my a6. 

……. I also think it is worth noting that the bilstein b4 are of course gas shock absorbers and the genuine sports red rear shocks were monroe but oil filled, monroe shock absorbers for my b6 Quattro I could get for 25% less than the b4’s but are also only gas shocks again, there is no quality brand oil filled shocks for my car, I expect oil filled are more robust?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, Catmandu427 said:

……. I also think it is worth noting that the bilstein b4 are of course gas shock absorbers and the genuine sports red rear shocks were monroe but oil filled, monroe shock absorbers for my b6 Quattro I could get for 25% less than the b4’s but are also only gas shocks again, there is no quality brand oil filled shocks for my car, I expect oil filled are more robust?

I didn't know that, its a very good question. You make me wonder whether my stock sports suspension was oil or gas filled 🤔 think I'll have to do some more research. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Catmandu427 said:

Hello there Steve, sorry for the late reply, I have nearly got all parts together now to start to fit. I have indeed had the rear bilstein b4’s delivered and I will let you know when the car is together if you haven’t already sorted out your rear shocks. I can say my rear red sports shocks were very tired but the fronts really are fine as I took them to a local well regarded mechanic I know and he said there is nothing wrong with them other than a paint. I am really impressed with my car’s original parts never has the suspension been apart until now with 195000 miles and 19 years old. I really would have liked to buy genuine rear shocks but the bilstein’s were half the price and anyway easy changed if I thought my b6 was worth it one day? I am a little despondent that you cannot get the genuine shocks for your car as I really can’t praise my cars build quality enough. Many regards Craig 

Yes please keep me posted. I too discovered I couldn't get genuine shocks anymore so aftermarket it is in my case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Yes please keep me posted. I too discovered I couldn't get genuine shocks anymore so aftermarket it is in my case. 

Steve I can get the genuine Audi sport red shocks from Audi dealership but I don’t know if they are oil filled? I expected that they would be the same but that was 20 years ago and I would like to find out? I would like to know also if you tried to get yours at the dealership and any information you have about them, your car is an a6? Regards Craig 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I didn't know that, its a very good question. You make me wonder whether my stock sports suspension was oil or gas filled 🤔 think I'll have to do some more research. 

Hi the shocks are all filled with gas/oil or they wouldn't work the oil stops foaming via the gas, more important is are the replacements twin or monotube as the monotube versions are less prone to oil foaming.

Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the shocks are all filled with gas/oil or they wouldn't work the oil stops foaming via the gas, more important is are the replacements twin or monotube as the monotube versions are less prone to oil foaming.

Steve.

Truthfully I have no idea what type the garage fitted when they changed my rears. It was closest to OEM they could get (kyb). Is there a way you can tell Steve if it's not mentioned in the description when purchasing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Catmandu427 said:

Steve I can get the genuine Audi sport red shocks from Audi dealership but I don’t know if they are oil filled? I expected that they would be the same but that was 20 years ago and I would like to find out? I would like to know also if you tried to get yours at the dealership and any information you have about them, your car is an a6? Regards Craig 

Hey Craig, my c5 is no longer supported by Audi and you can't get genuine Audi ones anymore. Genuine Audi parts are my go to where possible. My A6 has kyb shocks which are as close to OEM as I could get. I will upgrade them for a proper performance upgraded suspension at some point. As the shocks are ok, but I'm not 100% happy with the ride on the rear now to be honest. Also my old ones were self leveling, you can't get aftermarket self leveling ones which is annoying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Truthfully I have no idea what type the garage fitted when they changed my rears. It was closest to OEM they could get (kyb). Is there a way you can tell Steve if it's not mentioned in the description when purchasing? 

Hi all shock absorbers use oil/gas which is separated by a membrane the high pressure nitrogen gas stabilises the oil to prevent it getting air bubbles or foaming [cavitation], the most efficient use of oil/gas is the monotube design as twin tube is used more universally as its cheaper to produce I.E. KYB,SACHS,MONROE, go another level Bilstein B4 up use monotube technology, Bilstein B6s are monotube with the added advantage that the front units have no exterior bump stops as these are built into the bottom of the shock which gives greater stability under heavy damping.

Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi all shock absorbers use oil/gas which is separated by a membrane the high pressure nitrogen gas stabilises the oil to prevent it getting air bubbles or foaming [cavitation], the most efficient use of oil/gas is the monotube design as twin tube is used more universally as its cheaper to produce I.E. KYB,SACHS,MONROE, go another level Bilstein B4 up use monotube technology, Bilstein B6s are monotube with the added advantage that the front units have no exterior bump stops as these are built into the bottom of the shock which gives greater stability under heavy damping.

Steve.

That's worth noting thanks Steve 🙂 at least I'll know what to get when I upgrade 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership