B7 Advant 2.0tdi 170 front end juddering

Jac barnes

Hi guys, I’m having a very annoying issue with my b7 at the moment. The juddering starts between 40/50 mph onwards, lessens from 60mph weirdly. So far the car has had new struts, springs all round, I’ve replaced all front arms and wishbones with the meyle HD kit. I’ve just had a 4 wheel alignment and wheel balance and still getting this juddering. Can anyone please shed some light on this as it’s costing me a fortune trying to diagnose. My next area of check is going to be transmission &engine mounts. The drive shafts seem fine, the usual back and forth play but nothing up/down or left/right play. Any help will be appreciated 

cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

If the juddering is felt more through the seats than steering wheel wobble, have a good check of the inner CV joints.

My off-side one was lunched, anything over 40mph would damn near rattle your teeth out. Changed that and the engine mounts and it was like driving on silk.

Ian

• Like 1