A3 45 TFSI S-line Competition

Silverstone
聽Share

Another glacier white owner here. Near 12k miles in and nothing bad to report apart from the mmi black screen and resetting gremlins

DB152EA4-C727-4045-9983-17B4F2E843A8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cent said:

Another glacier white owner here. Near 12k miles in and nothing bad to report apart from the mmi black screen and resetting gremlins

DB152EA4-C727-4045-9983-17B4F2E843A8.jpeg

Glad you're pleased with it despite the known mmi issue. 馃檪

Looks great in white! Hopefully you'll get the MMI sorted. I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but the MMI in my previous A6 kept blacking-out, so after a trip to the dealers, Audi replaced a control module under warranty which solved the problem and it ran perfectly after that 馃馃徎

Coincidentally, i had black screen rarely but never any resets鈥efore i had the update during the 1st service

• 1 year later...

Hi all! I wonder if you could help me?

I am thinking of buying a 45 comp (in Daytona grey) at the end of this year when the facelift version comes out. However, I mostly drive around the m25 and other dual carriage roads, typical length 90 miles each way. I want something dynamic and engaging but is totally relaxed sitting at 70mph with adaptive cruise.

At the moment I have a tdi A3 and get well over 50mpg鈥bvs I want to save the planet and so I am thinking of phev but I don鈥檛 have great access to chargers (none at my block of flats and none at work, there are some public ones near my flat).

Should I stick to a combustion engine or does the A3 PHEV make sense in this scenario?

Thank you!

Hi Jon,

In hybrid mode doing my weekly 140mile return trip to head office it achieves 60 odd mpg.

It's got more than enough poke to make the journey interesting if needed (most of the time)

My lease runs out next may so I'll be interested in feedback on the facelift model, details are non existent atm

9 minutes ago, Cent said:

Hi Jon,

In hybrid mode doing my weekly 140mile return trip to head office it achieves 60 odd mpg.

It's got more than enough poke to make the journey interesting if needed (most of the time)

My lease runs out next may so I'll be interested in feedback on the facelift model, details are non existent atm

Thanks Cent! That is reassuring - I heard some reports of 37 mpg for long motorway trips鈥hich would defeat the point!聽

聽I am mainly hanging on for the upgraded option packs like heads up display (I borrowed a BMW with it and loved it) which is currently offered with the standard engines. It would be nice if the PU was also an upgraded鈥ut we will see. Will let you know as soon as I find anything out, I鈥檓 on a waiting list to be sent the details as soon as they become available.聽

If you dont mind me asking what made you chose the 45?

I chose a 35tdi 2 years ago almost through my pcp and tbh I love it. The power and torque is endless, its economical in eco mode i get 70mpg in summer

in winter 60

for 33k, I never understood the allure to the hybrid battery model. Especially given reliability issues etc

5 hours ago, Cent said:

Mines a company car lease so the hybrid is a massive tax incentive over a full petrol/diesel.

And I wanted the extra power from a 45聽馃お

Fairs, yeh I just dont see the value for a private individual

And whenever I see them聽 on a trailer being towed up the m6 or where ever I am its always the hybrid A3's

Enjoy and may it bring you many happy miles and smiles

On 4/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, JonMc77 said:

Hi all! I wonder if you could help me?

I am thinking of buying a 45 comp (in Daytona grey) at the end of this year when the facelift version comes out. However, I mostly drive around the m25 and other dual carriage roads, typical length 90 miles each way. I want something dynamic and engaging but is totally relaxed sitting at 70mph with adaptive cruise.

At the moment I have a tdi A3 and get well over 50mpg鈥bvs I want to save the planet and so I am thinking of phev but I don鈥檛 have great access to chargers (none at my block of flats and none at work, there are some public ones near my flat).

Should I stick to a combustion engine or does the A3 PHEV make sense in this scenario?

Thank you!

If your gonna drive it at 70 not even your TDI will give you ideal MPG, I have the 35TDI and commute 300-600 miles a week and I get 70mpg driving at 64-66

no PHEV audi or otherwise will deliver economy booting it at 70, laws of physics wont allow it

You can either drive spirited and ignore the MPG or you can drive careful and save your money- cant have it both despite what people say