Steering rack

Krisss

Hello I got problem with power steering rack, Year and have a go my steering rack fail,after I changed my steering for new one about after month new one fail again bad leaking,Then I changed for new again after 1 and half month it's started leek again same issue,OK though maybe steering rack brand is bad,this time I changed for genuine audi steering rack after 3 months is bad cracking noise on low speed when I trying to reverse in spot,I went to mechanic it's saying bad steering rack again,I just want to know why this is happening all time I changed already 3 steering racks and all time it's failing,don't wanna change again and after 2 months same issue any help.

1 hour ago, Krisss said:

Hello I got problem with power steering rack, Year and have a go my steering rack fail,after I changed my steering for new one about after month new one fail again bad leaking,Then I changed for new again after 1 and half month it's started leek again same issue,OK though maybe steering rack brand is bad,this time I changed for genuine audi steering rack after 3 months is bad cracking noise on low speed when I trying to reverse in spot,I went to mechanic it's saying bad steering rack again,I just want to know why this is happening all time I changed already 3 steering racks and all time it's failing,don't wanna change again and after 2 months same issue any help.

Hi I suspect that the new racks are failing from metal debris from the old rack, when you change the rack you are supposed to replace the fluid reservoir as well and flush the connecting pipes as any debris caught in the filter on the reservoir will only recirculate and kill the seals on the new rack, the cleaning of the pipes needs to be almost surgical.

Steve.

• Like 1