knuckle bolt remove ?

blondin4o

Hi i need to replace my upper arms on both sides but bolt on knuckle just wont move already snap the head of 1 of the side and i buy 2nd hand knuckle but its coming again with arms any advice how to remove the bolt i spray few days with wd40 but nothing wont move and im little scary to giv them more pressure to don't snap again the bolt.

4 hours ago, blondin4o said:

Hi i need to replace my upper arms on both sides but bolt on knuckle just wont move already snap the head of 1 of the side and i buy 2nd hand knuckle but its coming again with arms any advice how to remove the bolt i spray few days with wd40 but nothing wont move and im little scary to giv them more pressure to don't snap again the bolt.

Hi if you are putting new arms on anyway just heat the bolt up with a blow torch that will free it up.

Steve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi if you are putting new arms on anyway just heat the bolt up with a blow torch that will free it up.

Steve.

I try  to remove the nut from the bolt but didn't move on my first knuckle i try harder and first i broke the nut and after that i broke the head of the bolt I'm little scary to push harder now.

• 2 months later...
  • I had a very similar problem when I was trying to remove a long steele bolt from my Virago aluminium engine.
  • I purchased a rattle gun (Off ebay) . It came out in no time.
  • The constant vibration slowly loosened it up, then it started to spin and walla.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoyC said:
  • I had a very similar problem when I was trying to remove a long steele bolt from my Virago aluminium engine.
  • I purchased a rattle gun (Off ebay) . It came out in no time.
  • The constant vibration slowly loosened it up, then it started to spin and walla.

But even my nut didn't t won't go out. You use the gun before remove the nut or with it. 

30 minutes ago, blondin4o said:

But even my nut didn't t won't go out. You use the gun before remove the nut or with it. 

Got the nut off first using heat.

You can always use a nut splitter or a dremel to cut through it.

• Like 1